Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasia%92s-table-topper-runner-swap-closed-t211732.html)

Vanogay 02-27-2013 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5890242)
i am sometimes slowed down, and sometimes temporarily halted, but i keep getting back up. this has been going on for so long it is now the normal pattern for my life. i have nothing that threatens my life and for that i feel very grateful. there are times i am unhappy with the way my life has gone, but i try not to dwell on that. i have a devoted dh, 3 healthy wonderful children, a fantastic dil and the best dgd in the world. and 2 silly dogs and 2 arrogant cats. life truly is good! and i have a wonderful group of on-line quilters that i count as friends. so if i complain it is because temporarily i have lost track of my blessings. but they are always right here after all. and a little gin and tonic will never hurt me! lol

Thank you Nancia for that wonderful reminder - yes, my life is truly good, as well. and I can say yes to all of the things you mentioned, except I have two wonderful sons, 2 great dil and 4 smart grandchildren - no dogs, but yes, again to the cats (add spoiled here). I have lots to be grateful for, need to remember that above all - and the friends here that help me when it slips my mind. Thanks for the shoulders!

Liz22 02-27-2013 03:58 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by nancia http://www.quiltingboard.com/images/...post-right.png

i am sometimes slowed down, and sometimes temporarily halted, but i keep getting back up. this has been going on for so long it is now the normal pattern for my life. i have nothing that threatens my life and for that i feel very grateful. there are times i am unhappy with the way my life has gone, but i try not to dwell on that. i have a devoted dh, 3 healthy wonderful children, a fantastic dil and the best dgd in the world. and 2 silly dogs and 2 arrogant cats. life truly is good! and i have a wonderful group of on-line quilters that i count as friends. so if i complain it is because temporarily i have lost track of my blessings. but they are always right here after all. and a little gin and tonic will never hurt me! lol

Thank you nancia for this little reminder, we all need to remember this sometimes in our lives!
I am going to say the same, except I have a fantastic DH, two great sons, ages 21 and 17. I am going to have to realize to be more thankful everyday and learn to let go. My 17 yo will graduate in three months! Uugh! I have loved being a part of this online quilting group who I call friends.
Thank you so very much for Reminding us about the important things in life!
Liz22

Liz22 02-27-2013 04:09 PM

Oh, and I am also so sorry if my little snippet picture didn't work out here on the iPad. I guess my partner will have to guess. I hope she will like it.
Remember we are here to have fun and meet new friends.
:)

lvbabyboomer 02-27-2013 10:21 PM

My topper is ready to mail. I impressed myself with my free motion quilting. I will post after she receives it. Glad to have it finished two weeks before deadline.
Diane

nancia 02-28-2013 06:35 AM

really proud of you lvbaby! i strive for that goal, get involved in other projects, and end up with my nose to the line! it's also great to be pleased with your fmq. still working on that one, too! lol. you inspire me to try harder!

DustysMomma 02-28-2013 07:47 PM

I worked on Nancia's runner a bit tonight. It's in nearly completed blocks. Just one more row to add to each & then I can attach them together. :)

SandyinZ4 02-28-2013 08:49 PM

I too have my table runner finished but the gal who I am sending to has been so busy she hasn't had much of a chance to chat on here so I hope she likes it. Perhaps it will brighten her springtime and get her mind off her new job. I am glad she found a job in these hard times so have to give her credit for putting it first. I will take a pic before I send it and then if she doesn't have time to post a pic, I will after she received. I think it is pretty so hope she likes it. Getting close to mailing time. Hurray!

DustysMomma 03-01-2013 11:39 AM

I got to go in to work an hour late this morning, so I got in 2 hours of sewing this morning before work! Nancia, just have to put the long sides of the border and the backing on your runner. I haven't figured out how I'm going to quilt it yet. I can't do FMQ on my machine, but this lil piece of whimsy will deserve some. I have a couple ideas, but we'll see. I may have to do it the hard way, trace & sew & twist & turn, lol. It's such a happy piece, and I know the kids will love it, but I hope you do too! :)

OK, lunch break is over. Time to head back to the salt mine! It's first of the month, so I may have to work late (bummer, but that's why I got to go in late this morning!) but I'm planning to work on it some more tonight or tomorrow. :)

nancia 03-01-2013 02:30 PM

d'sm-- you are way ahead of me! i have pulled the fabrics but still haven't settled on a design. don't fear, i will have it done on time!

DustysMomma 03-01-2013 10:18 PM

Nancia, my fear isn't over you, it's over me! Do I need to slip you a sneak peek photo to inspire you? :D

I need a productive sewing weekend so I can get your funner finished and make a big dent in the home decor piece so I don't get nervous about finishing on time. I'm most worried about the quilting on your runner though.