Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia’s Table Topper/Runner Swap -- Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasia%92s-table-topper-runner-swap-closed-t211732.html)

tlambing 04-21-2013 06:20 PM

Nor cal quilt rush is a group of Northern Cal. quilt shops that get together and sponsor a shop hop. There is a bingo type card that gets stamped at each place and if you go to all of them you get entered into a great prize drawing and several other shop drawings. Another group of shops do the same thing on the same wknd and call themselves the Renegade run. My friends and I just made up our own outing visiting any and all shops we could yesterday. We found a great new place in Lincoln called Angel quilters, great fabric and loads of it. Great prices too. It's a definite that we will be returning there! Anyway, only spent 75.00 in the whole day and ate wayyyyy too many sweets, as each shop has refreshments :) (they give away some type of quilting goodie too, so ended up with pens, charm squares and fat quarters galore)
Since I was the driver, my passengers bought me dinner out at Mimi's YUM!

Here's pics of my butterfly batiks, red batiks and the Kaffe jelly roll I ordered on ebay.

Hope no one is bored senseless with my rambling.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409375[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]409376[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]409377[/ATTACH]The Kaffe is for a class I am going to take in May. Kaffe Gemstones pattern.
Does anyone have any butterfly or hummingbird batiks they might want to swap? I'm hoping to collect enough to make an entire quilt of just those. Also collecting true red batiks <3

Elisabrat 04-22-2013 06:38 AM

darn those links

Oh no your link comes back invalid links! I was so jazzed to check it all out. I do not have any hummingbird batiks did see a couple on line recently but none here. I have paw prints! and I have fish! and lots of vines leaves that sort a stuff. I am so drawn to those types of batiks. Oh and done with bit trees on a burnt orange/red/yellow back ground. Not a single red now that you mention it. Tropical mostly(wonder why??) now I am off to check out the web see if I can find that pattern kaffee fasset gemstones. it sounds intriging. :)

tlambing 04-22-2013 07:10 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6018635)
Oh no your link comes back invalid links! I was so jazzed to check it all out. I do not have any hummingbird batiks did see a couple on line recently but none here. I have paw prints! and I have fish! and lots of vines leaves that sort a stuff. I am so drawn to those types of batiks. Oh and done with bit trees on a burnt orange/red/yellow back ground. Not a single red now that you mention it. Tropical mostly(wonder why??) now I am off to check out the web see if I can find that pattern kaffee fasset gemstones. it sounds intriging. :)

Hmm, they open for me.
I'm trying again:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409465[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409466[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]409467[/ATTACH]

Elisabrat 04-22-2013 07:28 AM

WOW is that a lovely collection and the first is the kaffe fasset set? I have that first fabric and now see all those colors oooh laa laa. someone will be smiling big time with that finished project. is that one for you? the true reds gosh I tried so hard to order true reds with my regular cottons and got orange reds, burgandy reds talk about frustation. you must have gone in and bough those in person? my favorite is a true red or a blueish red not the orange ones at all.

thank you for making me drool.

sikesjj 04-22-2013 07:49 AM

Beautiful fabrics!!!!!

QuiltingKrazy 04-22-2013 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 6017141)
Let's see - mailed, got, so am good here. Oh, just wanted to post a pix of a thing I made for another thread - it was supposed to be 'scrappy'. Well, this particular fabric was of no use to me, couldn't do what I wanted with it, so I embellished on the definition of scrappy - made these and called them good. The recipient said she liked them, let's hope she didn't fib!

She can send them to me if she doesn't like them. Living in NC.... need I say more! lol Love them really!

QuiltingKrazy 04-22-2013 08:11 AM

OH.... What I came here to post is.... I have my tropical table runner all basted together and hope to get quilted and bound tonight. BUT... it is my birthday today so my husband may have something wonderful planned for me! NOT! So the table runner should be done.

Elisabrat....Are we to mail when finished or wait until a certain time.

tracibug 04-22-2013 09:29 AM

I love these...

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 6017141)
Let's see - mailed, got, so am good here. Oh, just wanted to post a pix of a thing I made for another thread - it was supposed to be 'scrappy'. Well, this particular fabric was of no use to me, couldn't do what I wanted with it, so I embellished on the definition of scrappy - made these and called them good. The recipient said she liked them, let's hope she didn't fib!

tracibug 04-22-2013 09:35 AM

Dustysmomma strikes again!!! I received my runner and will post a pic later today... Sooooooo pretty and colorful and fits my table perfectly!!

I spent most of Saturday sewing a Meetup group called 'Sewing on my kitchen table'. We're a group that get together to sew instead of sitting home and sewing at our tables alone. Most of the women sew fashion items but I'm infecting them with decor.

Runner is almost done, just need to finish the applique.

On a side note... my sagas and dramas continue. Pray for an intervention or I will be relocating back to Minnesota/Wisconsin in 60 days instead of finding a new place in the Bay area.

JuanitaBean 04-22-2013 09:37 AM

Love your fabric