Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasias-table-runner-topper-swap-signup-closed-t204241.html)

marytoddliz 11-25-2012 08:51 PM

Hey Brat, I am LMAO.... I give the idea, someone else gets to do it!.... Well OK I would be willing to help, but what an undertaking that would be! I like the rating idea, too fun, something to think about for at least a few months.

Anastasia 11-25-2012 09:02 PM

I call NOT IT for hosting that!!!! but does sound fun.. hehe. So.. I regularly do 5k run/walks throughout the year but haven't done one in awhile, last one I did was alzheimers I think 2 years ago, so I am signing up for one that happens on New Years. Anyone else want to join? This one doesn't require you to harass people for money for a cause.. the cause is yourself.

http://www.commitmentday.com/

So, it's 11pm, I have all my laundry done, the house is still pretty clean (ignore the dishes, dishes never get done around here), math test is done, I did HORRIBLY on my math assignment last week.. I looked at the paper due on wed.. and I made turkey & rice stoup.. I dunno if it's stew or soup.. what's the diff? hehe.. froze that.. Masked my face so it's all squeaky clean now.. Now since I really dont' want to bother doing the paper, I think it's time for some videogames.. Not gonna dig out the sewing machine until tomorrow morning. Gym tomorrow night, first time in like a year as well. Yay!!

travelinggramma 11-26-2012 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by LoupEsprit (Post 5677905)

I feel sorry for my partner, because I'm such a beginner I see soooo many faults already. :(

I felt that way for a very long time - even recently I looked at a swap members items and was scared sillly. But then if you look close at the next quilt show - you will see that all corners don't align, all top stictching isn't perfect, In the ditch sometimes comes out of the ditch, etc etc.
So chin up and move on - we all are a beginners cause there is just too many things to learn!!

travelinggramma 11-26-2012 08:22 AM

Wow - one sent and received - how impressive! my company has left and I still have enough leftovers to last me. Turkey pie is made and frozen. Turkey soup also in freezer along with leftover pie.
Took hubby to airport this morning - will be gone at least three weeks - to help Red Cross help Hurrican Sandy victims. i gotta work so couldn't go this time. So I have the house to myself. Where or where to start. guest bed sheets in washer and ready to hang on line, bunks put back up together so leaves me more room - and it is already filled with storage boxes that need to be reviewed. Sewing is overflowing - but I do have the top 3/4 done - will put that up near the top of the pile (again)!!
Now if I don't get off this computer nothing will get accomplished!!

Elisabrat 11-26-2012 08:29 AM

Dear Couch Potato (hum who could that be) GET OFF THE COUCH and pull out the damned sewing machine. You have work to do! You have blocks to do and a huge table runner with a mariners compass for me to start and well get UP and get moving and show us your progress. Sorry about your math paper Anastasia everybody has a bad week some time or another. The upside is your done with your bad week. YIPPEEE> and you had better start running a bit now or you will have no ability to walk after that run girly. Maybe you should walk the five k? lol I will be walking with you in my heart hope that counts. I cant walk 175 feet without losing all feeling in the left leg and I have to hobble seriously back with several stops along the way. So in my mind does that count?

I see Due dates for these swaps as your in trouble dates in my head. So if I finish well before them then I cant possibly get in trouble! by who I have no idea but it is enough to scare the heck out of me into finishing as early as I can. Nothing about being OCD its about that wooden spoon on the table saying YOU VIL DO THIS yikes being a kid again can come out at odd times lol.. hey it works for me.

Vanogay 11-26-2012 09:16 AM

Spent Saturday totally in my sewing room - had it all planned out. Put a roast in the crock pot at 6:30, fed us both breakfast and I went downstairs by 8 a.m. finished lots of started projects and made my table runner for my partner as well. This has really been a table runner/table topper month. I'll try to post the pictures I've taken of all those I've done this month and maybe, just maybe my special runner will be in the picture as well. Gotta go take the pictures now and post in a few.

LoupEsprit 11-26-2012 09:26 AM

I had to put my runner away last week... too much ripping going on!

On the up-side, I did finish the baby quilt for my niece. My first quilt ever! Woo-hoo!!! Awesome feeling! And I got the cutting and assembling done for the top for the baby quilt for my nephew. (Two babies in one year; the inlaws are looking at us for a second child now-yikes! We're getting the 'It's your turn!' jokes ::eyeroll:: I'm good with one, thanks...) I'm ready to put the backing on it, but I have to go buy some satin edging for it, too.

As soon as that's done, I'll be pulling my runner out and finishing it; it's almost done anyway. I'm just putting the edging on, then finishing and quilting.

I sure hope she likes it! :)

buslady 11-26-2012 01:21 PM

I planned on sewing all day Saturday and Sunday. Company Thursday and Friday.. Got up Sat morning and DH pi??ed me off. So I left. Spent the day with my DD. Went to BINGO in the evening, won $120, went to WalMart and spent it. Felt MUCH better so I went home and straight to bed!! LOL My mom was a bingo player. she went every week, sometimtes 2 or 3 times in a week. I like to play, but only been a couple of times in the last few years. Not the same without mom. DD loves to go, and if I keep winning, I might just be her new partner. LOL Rinky dink little bingo in town. Can't afford to pay out decent cause not enough come, and more won't come cause they don't pay out enough. Sounds like life to me. Anyway, went 2 times in the last 3 weeks and won the jackpot both nights. of course it is only $100, but better in my pocket than in someone elses. Anyway, did end up spending Sunday at the sewing machine. Got a lot done, until I went back to "rest my eyes" Fell asleep. Not sure when, but didn't wake up til 7 pm. I seldome take a nap, don't like them much. I always feel worse when I wake up, then I can't sleep at night, then I don't want to get up in the morning....... Going home in a few minutes to redeem myself. Gonna finish a couple of those projects I am working on. Still need to start cutting my table topper. Got an idea in my head and it is banging to come out. LOL can't wait to get started on it. I do look forward to seeing all the wonderfu toppers. Don't forget the pictures.

Anastasia 11-26-2012 02:44 PM

Nice.. I cut the inner borders for my quilt I'm working on.. woo progress. :D sewing machine is back on it's post with the kitty sentry keeping watch over it. now I need to cut the outer borders but I wanted to look up if i could find that fabric in large quantity for backing material.

Anastasia 11-26-2012 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok.. I did it.. I got my inner borders.. and all but 1 of my outer borders on this quilt, and I found where I can order more of the fabric to use as backing and to finish the last border. I woulda been fine if I hadnt' decided to cut it an inch bigger than originally planned. At least I consistently cut them all an inch bigger. :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]378740[/ATTACH]

Now while I wait for fabric to come, I can finish my boom blocks and while I'm playing with my "stash" I can look for fabric for the idea I have for my table topper. :)