Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasias-table-runner-topper-swap-signup-closed-t204241.html)

Anastasia 11-18-2012 03:03 PM

Hahaha.. nice. Those are cute snowmen.

jaba 11-18-2012 05:28 PM

Got it all sewn together today. Need to press tomorrow, get out batting and backing, stitch in the ditch, trim and add binding. Probably after Thanksgiving but way before Xmas....It isn't Xmas though, she'll have to save it awhile for winter, but she'll have it. Will remember to take a pic incase she doesn't post. Still no posts on the board....anywhere...

TheMamaHauser 11-18-2012 05:56 PM

Jaba will you quit making the rest of us look like lazy bums! Geez!

I think I'll probably get to sew this weekend... I've only got 10 boom blocks to finish and I'm using a few of them to practice for my runner. I would have never thought it before, but it turns out I have some of this very particular style of fabric in my basement thanks to the F8 and FQ swaps. I only have to buy backing and setting fabric now! And it's "black Friday sales all week" at my 3 LQS! Woo for procrastination!

Anastasia 11-18-2012 06:20 PM

Yea i haven't even looked at fabric yet.. won't get any sewing done til next weekend probably and I have 6 boom blocks to finish. Then I can look at what I plan to do for this swap.

jaba 11-18-2012 06:29 PM

You're not lazy!!!! I think my Mother put the fear of --- in me with the "don't put off 'til tomorrow what you can do today" It just works for me, no worries.. I've got to do something with all those F8 and FQ that I have swapped, haven't even started on those. I'm jealous, maybe I'll have to come to Great Falls for black Friday, at least you have LQS that does something. Heaven forbid here if they ever put fabric on sale for less than 10.49 or 12.49 a yard. They'd think they were dying a slow death.....no wonder my paypal bill is out of sight!?! Have to admit, it's kinda' fun though, better than going to the bar, have something to show for it and no headache, best of 2 worlds huh? :D

immemother 11-18-2012 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fabric teaser number 1 (i am using a total of 5 fabrics)

LoupEsprit 11-18-2012 09:53 PM

I'm assembling and doing my applique now. Never done this before... ::deep breath:: aannnddd GO!

marytoddliz 11-18-2012 10:11 PM

Oh, I want that fabric with the cute little umbrellas on it! Please please please be my secret pal!

OK I know it is not ladylike to beg! But... Well I always was a tom boy at heart!

Did I tell you I got my hair cut last week? I was at work with my husband and his crew of bonehead men, and they were talking a little off color (Like I have never heard that kind of talk!) I said"hey there is a lady present!" They just laughed and said"Who" hahaha... they think of me as one of the guys! And well I did not like that one bit!

So I went and had my hair cut, it looks real cute, she now wants to put highlights in it! I actually brushed it and put on some lipstick today!

Call me a guy.... Next thing you know I will have them all quilting!

Anastasia 11-18-2012 10:18 PM

Do it! I love men quilters. :)

mrsaj11 11-19-2012 01:41 AM

Table Runner teaser

1 Attachment(s)
Not made a table runner before, so I'm not sure what to think of it, here is a little part of it, just a teaser picture!