Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasias-table-runner-topper-swap-signup-closed-t204241.html)

QuilterMomma 12-04-2012 02:06 PM

I am fortunate, my partner has stated she is not picky so I can make most anything. Lots of different ideas keep coming to me then I think oh the snowmen in blue would be nice but partner has not stated if that would be acceptable so still pondering. This may fall into January to finish. can't find much time anywhere for some reason and I am getting back logged on quilts to be done and I am doing some Hurricane Sandy quilts so need to ge tthose done so someone can have it by Christams.
So Nancia, we will be the end of the time mailers.

travelinggramma 12-04-2012 05:02 PM

Okay - question time!!!
When you are making a runner - lets say rectangle - and your material has picture on it - where to you make the picture face? do you do only one side or ends or what???
I know there is never a right or wrong way - but it is preventing me from going forward =-
so what would you do??

jaba 12-04-2012 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Whatever the fabric says to you and how you would want it in your house is where I'd put it. If I got it and it was on an end, I'd put it so the pic went from the head of the table to facing down the table so my guests to see it, if it was in the middle I'd put in facing the outside of the table so everyone walking through would see it. Hope this makes sense. Bottom line it wouldn't really matter. Start sewing it will be fine.
On another thought, I've had people send me an e-mail and ask that I post the runner I sent. My partner's colors were blue so this is what I sent to "quilting", her screen name. I hope she will use it or can give it to someone that she thinks would enjoy it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]380131[/ATTACH]

LoupEsprit 12-04-2012 05:36 PM

Ooh Jaba it's so beautiful!! I want to make one of those so bad!

TheMamaHauser 12-04-2012 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5698940)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]380131[/ATTACH]

Where did you get the pattern? Did you need to get one of those special wedge rulers to make that? Ooooh I want one of those!

jaba 12-04-2012 07:35 PM

It does take the wedge ruler, saw a pic of one on the internet and knew I wanted to make one. Ordered the ruler and this was the first one I made.......4 more since. I really like it and actually it doesn't use that much material. Just the graduation of colors you want to use. It's 2 wof strips each of 8 colors

Liz22 12-04-2012 10:18 PM

Oh I really love this and how creative this is!

Anastasia 12-04-2012 11:04 PM

Yea I've seen those and have wanted to make them. Love those colors too. Won't work for my bitty round table but I still likes!

jaba 12-05-2012 06:59 AM

You can make them round too Anastasia.

Anastasia 12-05-2012 10:58 AM

Ok, went to the gym and did a health assessment. Basically.. just fat. haha healthy but fat. Still waiting to meet with the nutritionist.