Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasias-table-runner-topper-swap-signup-closed-t204241.html)

QuilterMomma 12-12-2012 03:00 PM

That is fine Brat, it only has a small amount of sparkle and looks wonderful in my office under the little christmas tree on the sofa table. So very pretty. I do appreciate you posting the photo. I did not take time yet to do so. Been so busy at work, getting over this icky cold, and then trying to customer quilts done for their family, plus trying to get my last 18 done for my ufo goal, that photos are taking a back step. I do like it and it cheers up the office for me. You did well my dear.

Elisabrat 12-12-2012 05:41 PM

anastasia what a wonderful use of a snowman! yikes! I do think the time it takes rolling and lifting snow to make that snowman well good extra exersize. I saw an upside down one with two balls and legs up in the air (sticks with shoes) it was cute and arms sticking straight out like itwas doing a headstand. If I did one I might do that. Years and I mean years ago my sisters and I made a snow hunk while Christmasing in Yosemite. We gave him a six pack and big broad shoulders and well jeans and he was well built not saying more.. and put a cowboy hat on him a plastic thing my sister brought. It was hard making him top heavy lol his shoulders kept wanting to slide off! good memory. and NO DOGS

jaba 12-12-2012 07:45 PM

Don't drink that Tequilla and go outside. You might be nibbling on yellow snow

Originally Posted by Anastasia (Post 5716186)
Brat, I was just thinking.. since it's warm and slightly melty today, that if I get done with my paper, I was gonna go make a freaking snowman for my dog to have fun peeing on. Maybe I'll do that later tonight when i go to let him out

Anastasia 12-12-2012 08:00 PM

heheh I don't think tequila has ever given me the urge to nibble yellow snow. I was going to make a snowman but my paper took me too long and it had been melting and it started refreezing so it was too icy to scoop.. maybe tomorrow.

LoupEsprit 12-12-2012 08:24 PM

OK, I am officially working on the runner RIGHT NOW... wish me luck...

buslady 12-13-2012 08:10 AM

Someone, back a few pages, gave me permission to call in and stay home for a day. Thank you. I took your advice. 3 times. Yep, 3 days I didn't leave my house. Just sewed my heart out. So........now that I have the stuff done that was causing me stress, I can start my runner. I also have a DQ to make for another swap. I found some material I just love and I think I will use it for both. Just in different ways...... Still thinking...... But thanks, permission was all I needed.

QuilterMomma 12-13-2012 08:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]381986[/ATTACH]Here is the runner in use.

buslady 12-13-2012 08:18 AM

Ohhhhhhh, pretty.

jaba 12-13-2012 09:51 AM

That would be me, glad you did it! Hated it when someone did it when I was the boss and owned the store, but sometimes you just need to treat yourself and have a break when you work fulltime. Now your energized, yahoo!!

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 5717695)
Someone, back a few pages, gave me permission to call in and stay home for a day. Thank you. I took your advice. 3 times. Yep, 3 days I didn't leave my house. Just sewed my heart out. So........now that I have the stuff done that was causing me stress, I can start my runner. I also have a DQ to make for another swap. I found some material I just love and I think I will use it for both. Just in different ways...... Still thinking...... But thanks, permission was all I needed.

jaba 12-13-2012 09:53 AM

Table runner looks very nice Qmomma, great job "Brat" fits perfectly.