Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Another Woman's Treasure Swap v2.0! Sign up through Sept 30th! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/another-womans-treasure-swap-v2-0-sign-up-through-sept-30th-t229211.html)

frenchfryqueen 09-12-2013 06:32 AM

Thanks to a box that came in the mail yesterday, I have a couple new pieces to add to my box! Whoo hoo!

sewnsew 09-15-2013 04:35 AM

Count me in for 2 boxes. Sending you a PM. Got lots of Christmas/holiday fabric if anyone is looking for that in their swap.

frenchfryqueen 09-16-2013 04:24 AM

I actually had to break into my swap box to swipe fabric I needed for my Boom Swap. I have not touched that fabric in about two years, and suddenly I needed it! lol

Names so far:
cjr
dotcomdtcm
DustysMomma
frenchfryqueen
Grandma Di
homecaregiver
jamimclaugh
jojo4 (2)
luvstoquilt
Marcia D
Moonrise
omacookie
paulswalia
Quercus Rubra (2)
quilterjody
sewmany
sewnsew (2)
sulabug
twinriverfarm

Looks like another great group in the works. :)

justducky65 09-16-2013 06:55 AM

This sounds like a fun swap and I would love to join in! Please count me in for 1 box, and I'll send my PM with my information.

luvstoquilt 09-16-2013 01:53 PM

Oh Grandma Di I wish I was close enough to get in those boxes of your mother's fabric with you! I Love LOVE vintage!!!

moonrise 09-16-2013 05:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I went through my scraps, and pulled out enough to fill 3 boxes. :shock: :D Two of the boxes contain all scraps (lots of strips), and one box contains about 2/3 scraps and the rest is yardage. I saw everything from 30's repro fabrics to batiks to you-name-it! I tried to leave out anything smaller than a couple of inches square or strips less than 1" wide (nearly all are 1-1/2" or more). :)

So ... if there are more people who want to swap scraps, I can do up to 3 boxes (paulswalia is already my partner for one of them). They're packed up and ready to ship. BOY, are they full, and they're all the larger medium boxes! :thumbup:

Here's a quilt I made with my scrap strips awhile back. I'd been saving them to make another one, but I just don't have time at the moment. By the time I do get to it, I'm sure my scrap pile will be huge again. But this can give a general idea of the types of scraps I'm sending. Pretty much everything but the kitchen sink! :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]436423[/ATTACH]

madbury 09-16-2013 05:41 PM

Great scrappy quilt! I might be joining this swap but need time to go through the stash first.

paulswalia 09-17-2013 03:33 AM

Oh Boy, Moonrise.......I'm really ready now - looks like the sky's the limit!!! I've been tossing things in the box almost every day when I find something that I wonder "what was I thinking?" about.

papagrandma12 09-17-2013 03:52 AM

Count me in. Love the idea of doing this. Will start my box today.

papagrandma12 09-17-2013 01:41 PM

Got my box ready. Variety of fabric. At least 1/2 yd. to 1 yd. I didn't include any holiday fabric, nor scraps. Prefer receiving no holiday or scraps. Put in a very small amount of notions. I'm a non smoker and have no pets. Can't wait to find out who my partner is.