Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   APRIL – CIVIL WAR REPRODUCTION D4P swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-%96-civil-war-reproduction-d4p-swap-t244130.html)

jaba 03-31-2014 06:11 AM

That explains it! You must be very good at time management to even get to the sewing machine. Bless you, you have your hands full for sure.

PeginCO 03-31-2014 06:49 AM

You got that right, sister!

jclinganrey 03-31-2014 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Daisy Dew (Post 6651847)
Oh wow I'd love to do this but wrong time of year darn darn darn vacation all summer no real address shucks!!!!

Hope you do this again sometime in the Fall/Winter

Sounds like lots of fun love the CW fabrics.

Good morning, Daisy -

Darn and double darn! Too bad you aren't able to join in but hope to see you when you're able. We'll be here!

Jane

jclinganrey 03-31-2014 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Lover Grandma (Post 6651881)
I already sent my blocks in. Did you get them? Hope so.

Yep. Got'em. This is going to be a great swap!

Jane

jclinganrey 03-31-2014 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by glasqlts (Post 6652209)
Hi Jane, I'm ready to start on this one when I send in the patriotic blocks. i have finished 4 of them, so please put me down for 4 of these.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I've already received sets from Jaba and QLG and they are wonderful. I finally figured out (duh!) that more variety is better and makes for a much better swap. ((how many months did it take me to figure that out???)) so please go for as much variety as you like as long as each block as one CW fabric and one light shirting fabric.

Bottom line - all 6 blocks per set do not have to be the same as in past D4P swaps.
Ever learning. Ever improving - - -

Jane

Quilt Lover Grandma 03-31-2014 03:33 PM

Glad you got my blocks. I just finished doing the batiks and black for July. I have them on the design wall. Because of the colors of batiks that I got, they look like dark chocolate creams. i am reminded of a big box of chocolates. I will start on the Asians next. I am holding off on the cherry chocolate ones until we definitely decide on what design we are using. I do have my fabric though. Such fun!

jclinganrey 04-01-2014 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Lover Grandma (Post 6654220)
I am holding off on the cherry chocolate ones until we definitely decide on what design we are using. I do have my fabric though. Such fun!

You're so funny! Please take a look at the Feb/Valentines thread - last pages. Has pics and explanation.

Jane

givio 04-03-2014 10:33 AM

Oh, Jane! That's a new thing, to have a variety of blocks per set. It helps people who are using up stash or 'scraps'-- where they might have two 5" square charms to complete a block, but not more of the same fabric to complete a set.

Gannyrosie 04-05-2014 01:42 PM

Before I commit, have a question. I know I see shirting as fabric description on many bolts and I think I have a some, but I have collected allot of shirts (men's-100 cotton-saving to make a quilt). Which most if not all are just like new. If it's light, would it be okay to use them if I see where it coordinates with my dominant fabric?

Gannyrosie 04-05-2014 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by givio (Post 6658441)
Oh, Jane! That's a new thing, to have a variety of blocks per set. It helps people who are using up stash or 'scraps'-- where they might have two 5" square charms to complete a block, but not more of the same fabric to complete a set.

Ditto, like this idea.