Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-2012-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-closes-midnight-est-march-30-a-t183441.html)

Dragonfly Nana 04-03-2012 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy (Post 5113720)
Dragonfly Nana

I just rearranged all the little quilts hanging in my office and cleared a space for yours whenever I receive it!
It will go right next to my March DQ from Lynnie25. I may have to hang these in order by month just for fun!
I love my office walls! hehe but then... there are times, I just stare at these little beautifuls wishing I was sitting in front of my sewing machine, instead of at my desk... "sigh'

Great timing as I mailed yours out today!

Dragonfly Nana 04-03-2012 03:47 PM

I had another idea for a theme later this year...9 patch variation... start with a 9 patch block and go from there.

Most any ability level can do them and they are easy to put a "twist" on - from a fussy cut center or a fancy border to a D9P or twisted D9P. A reason to use our imaginations - What can I do with a 9 patch?

Krystyna 04-03-2012 03:48 PM

Paula, I love that idea!

brenda21 04-03-2012 03:58 PM

like the 9 patch much better than the 3D...would have to sit that one out....

Judith1005 04-03-2012 04:47 PM

Remember, Themes are always optional. We wouldn't want you to not participate.

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5114221)

moonrise 04-03-2012 04:49 PM

PM'ed my partner and am waiting to hear back. :) My DQ is finished up and ready to go. (I had a bit of spare time a couple of weeks ago, and knowing I was about to be swamped with other projects, I figured I'd better put that time to good use! ;) )

Lynnie25 04-03-2012 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5114221)

9 Patch I can manage to twist about but the 3D theme did scare me a little bit....but I would never MISS a month, I would have withdrawal symptoms so bad :) Whether you decide to go with the theme or not, any little DQ you make would be well appreciated and loved by its new owner.

Psychomomquilter 04-04-2012 04:16 AM

Ok, next step is the binding, I hope I can do this one better than the ones before. I have been practicing. So hopefully this will turn out better!

So I will be sending mine out in a week or so.Thinking of getting a small b/day gift too, just a thought....

cuppy 04-04-2012 04:42 AM

I did pm my partner, waiting for address. I want to get the envelope ready at least. hehehe

Cuppy

cuppy 04-04-2012 05:01 AM

Oops. I do have the address, Nise you did pm me , thank you , so now the mailing envelope is addressed!

Now deciding on the colors, she said she likes all colors, I hope you like what I make for you. This is sew much fun. I must get a chihuahua , so I can give her all the doll quilts to sleep on! I had a chihuahua that was 20, he just passed in January 2012 and he loved to sleep on the doll quilts. he knew I loved him and the doll quilts,he had both worlds.

Cuppy