Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-2012-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-closes-midnight-est-march-30-a-t183441.html)

urgodschild2 04-22-2012 03:41 PM

Oh what a pretty quilt. I love the pink and green. I like the pattern too.

Krystyna 04-22-2012 03:43 PM

I just love the colors!

oldcatlady 04-22-2012 04:32 PM

Tam...Moo,

I received the DQ you made me. I absolutely love it!!! I'm still working on yours. I was sick for 2 weeks and am a little behind. I'm so glad you like purple too. :)
Thank you so much for my DQ. It's perfect for me!

craftykk 04-22-2012 04:42 PM

Well this was my first time making a quilt that wasn't a rag quilt and it was harder for me than I thought. My grandma (grammyj) who's been quilting for years helped me with the quilting and binding. I love makin the top but the quilting was pretty hard, I had a hard time making nice curves where I wanted. Thankfully, my sweet partner Patricia14 had been patient with me and doesn't mind getting a quilt from a newbie. I was upset at the imperfections in the quilting but once it was all done they were not quite as obvious. But oh my, I do not like doing binding! I'll admit my grandma did most of it because I wimped out early on, so I probably won't be signing up anymore for this swap :( I love the quilts but I'm still way too new to be doin them to swap. (plus I do home day care and I'm getting 2 new 2 month old babies in May so I think I'll be pretty busy for a while haha). But I love looking at the posts and seeing your work.

I'm in awe of the talent on this board, you ladies make some beautiful quilts!

Happy Cat Quilter 04-22-2012 05:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]329879[/ATTACH]Here is a picture of the beautiful doll quilt I got from immemother! I just love the colors :) if you look close you cans see a lady bug and an inch worm. This is so adorable! Sorry I can't seem to post a picture of the back :( ............Once again, thank you immemother!

LeslieFrost 04-22-2012 05:12 PM

Oh, craftykk, please reconsider! This is the most laid back place on QB! Everything and anything goes! Of course, it is up to you, but we'd love to have you.

Originally Posted by craftykk (Post 5162444)
Well this was my first time making a quilt that wasn't a rag quilt and it was harder for me than I thought. My grandma (grammyj) who's been quilting for years helped me with the quilting and binding. I love makin the top but the quilting was pretty hard, I had a hard time making nice curves where I wanted. Thankfully, my sweet partner Patricia14 had been patient with me and doesn't mind getting a quilt from a newbie. I was upset at the imperfections in the quilting but once it was all done they were not quite as obvious. But oh my, I do not like doing binding! I'll admit my grandma did most of it because I wimped out early on, so I probably won't be signing up anymore for this swap :( I love the quilts but I'm still way too new to be doin them to swap. (plus I do home day care and I'm getting 2 new 2 month old babies in May so I think I'll be pretty busy for a while haha). But I love looking at the posts and seeing your work.

Happy Cat Quilter 04-22-2012 05:44 PM

craftykk, this was only my second swap. My talent and skill level is not up where perhaps it should be but I had a fun time trying! I know about time constraints. I'm taking off June and July because I will be spending some vacation time with my daughter's and the youngest grandchildren.

Originally Posted by craftykk (Post 5162444)

moonrise 04-22-2012 07:30 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Lookie at the wonderful DQ just a quilter sent me! It's my favorite color (pink), and I'm going to hang it in my bedroom, which is also pink. It's perfect! :thumbup: Even the label is pretty. (I edited out our last names for privacy.)

She even sent a gorgeous sewing case and a porcelain thimble that says "Nashville" on it ... one of my favorite places to visit. :)

I sent a PM a little bit ago, but wanted to say thanks again! :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]329899[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]329900[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]329901[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]329902[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 04-22-2012 11:45 PM

WOW!! :D More Beautiful Doll Quilt's for the month of April. Everyone is doing such a lovely job making them & so excited to get one in return. I am looking forward to May's Doll Quilt Swap!! Many idea's floating around in my head.
:D :D :D :D

Krystyna 04-23-2012 03:29 AM

Oh, I just love the last two quilts from Just a Quilter and Immemother. They are adorable!

Now for my nag fest for craftykk. This is no time to quit! You're off to a great start. There are binding tutorials that make it all sooooo simple. If I can do it, you can do it! And besides, May is Crazy Quilt month and that means embellishment which I think is right up your alley. Those babies have to sleep sometime, so please reconsider!