Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-2012-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-closes-midnight-est-march-30-a-t183441.html)

nancia 04-30-2012 12:44 AM

thanks for the compliments. you're very kind! i bought the mug, then spent 3 days thinking about the engineering. i'm so glad it worked on the first try. i hope the recipient likes it. sorry, lyn. yours are all flat:(. they should be sent out tomorrow. dh hasn't hit the p.o. yet. i thought they had already been sent. you know all but one. enjoy!

juanita bean= your dq went out one day last week. i hope you get it on monday.

Tulip 04-30-2012 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by NinaLemon (Post 5181230)
I'm feeling the same way about the May DQ. I scrapped my first attempt, it was BAD, LOL. Not sure that my second attempt is chaotic, but it is different from how I normally work. I thnk I'll try some hand embroidery. I have always wanted to try it!

Thanks for the chuckle! I read somewhere on a thread the term, controlled scrappy, yep, that's similiar to my "controlled chaos". :D

Krystyna 04-30-2012 05:29 AM

You know, many of my little quilts are chaotic not by design, but by destiny. This one is tough. Being chaotic is really challenging.

NinaLemon 04-30-2012 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5182077)
You know, many of my little quilts are chaotic not by design, but by destiny. This one is tough. Being chaotic is really challenging.

That is an interesting idea, figuring out how to balance that densi without becoming too much can be a big challenge. I am interested to see where everyone takes this!

Krystyna 04-30-2012 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by NinaLemon (Post 5182729)
That is an interesting idea, figuring out how to balance that densi without becoming too much can be a big challenge. I am interested to see where everyone takes this!

Well, DENSITY is another matter ...

QuiltingKrazy 04-30-2012 11:33 AM

Nanci,
How did you come up with that fish mug rug? Way to cute and adorable! Since you got your new machine your ideas for DQ's and Mug Rugs are just amazing! Way to Go Girl!

Krystyna 04-30-2012 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy (Post 5183010)
Nanci,
How did you come up with that fish mug rug? Way to cute and adorable! Since you got your new machine your ideas for DQ's and Mug Rugs are just amazing! Way to Go Girl!

I agree. Lucky me!Nanci is my partner for May!

oowee 04-30-2012 12:32 PM

It just says the quarter inch police. Very conveniently needlegrammy left it at home lol I will post a pic tomorrow when we get together to start on our May DQ!!!! No but seriously needlegrammy is an awesome teacher she only wants the best for her students. She is one awesome, giving, and very helpful person she is very devoted to her quilting.

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5179864)
LOL and what, exactly does her badge say??:shock:

brenda21 04-30-2012 12:35 PM

April DQ is finished and will be in the afternoon mail...nothing like getting down to the wire huh?

Krystyna 04-30-2012 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5183168)
April DQ is finished and will be in the afternoon mail...nothing like getting down to the wire huh?

Same for your partner - except she got called in to work so mama has to mail it. *sigh*