Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-2012-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-closes-midnight-est-march-30-a-t183441.html)

mooretll 04-29-2012 12:39 PM

Nancia, I LOVE IT!!!
and what some great dq's coming in!

Lynnie25 04-29-2012 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5180157)
i just finished a mug rug for the mug rug swap, and since the recipient is not taking part in this swap i think it's safe to show it here. feel free to critique!

Is it mine ??????????????? I LOVE IT !!!!!!! even if it isn't for me :(

Tulip 04-29-2012 04:08 PM

Step away for a day to work on my May DQ, which I might add is not an easy task, chaos, please........ Actually my husband was laughing it up :D as I struggled to come up with chaos, he said I love you hon, but you don't do chaos very well. lol Should take him up to my sewing room, I'll show him chaos :cool:. I know themes are optional, thought it would be good for me to peek out of my box. You would have thought God could have spared one "artsy/fartsy brain cell for me, oh well... I am pretty happy with it so it was a day well spent! Love that you can try new things and not get beat with a wet noodle on this board. I thought I might try a little hand quilting, we'll see if these sausage fingers of mine remember how to rock a needle!
Such beautiful DQ's , the twister, the 3D, the hand pieced pink and brown and the fish mug rug, wonderful ladies!:thumbup:
Have a great evening everyone!

Needlegrammy 04-29-2012 04:54 PM

Nancia, That is too cute!!!!! I like the way you quilted it.

NinaLemon 04-29-2012 05:32 PM

Wow, the doll quilts are gorgeous!!! So many beautiful things to look at :). I love the red and white 9 patch, it reminds me of one of the table runners I made for my wedding. :D

I LOVE the mug rug, that is very cool!

NinaLemon 04-29-2012 05:36 PM

I'm feeling the same way about the May DQ. I scrapped my first attempt, it was BAD, LOL. Not sure that my second attempt is chaotic, but it is different from how I normally work. I thnk I'll try some hand embroidery. I have always wanted to try it!

Originally Posted by Tulip (Post 5180988)
Step away for a day to work on my May DQ, which I might add is not an easy task, chaos, please........ Actually my husband was laughing it up :D as I struggled to come up with chaos, he said I love you hon, but you don't do chaos very well. lol Should take him up to my sewing room, I'll show him chaos :cool:. I know themes are optional, thought it would be good for me to peek out of my box. You would have thought God could have spared one "artsy/fartsy brain cell for me, oh well... I am pretty happy with it so it was a day well spent! Love that you can try new things and not get beat with a wet noodle on this board. I thought I might try a little hand quilting, we'll see if these sausage fingers of mine remember how to rock a needle!
Such beautiful DQ's , the twister, the 3D, the hand pieced pink and brown and the fish mug rug, wonderful ladies!:thumbup:

oksewglad 04-29-2012 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tulip (Post 5180988)

We must be cut from the same cloth--don't look in my sewing room please. Have about 4 or 5 projects going on, but now have my March --yes March--DQ packaged and ready to go.

TammyB 04-29-2012 09:02 PM

Tulip, love your colors. Gosh, would never have thought to dye brown eggs. I'm going to try that. I love the rich colors.

TammyB 04-29-2012 09:09 PM

Hobbykat1955, always love your embroidery. How did you get those waving quilting lines so even! Fantastic!

TammyB 04-29-2012 09:11 PM

LeslieFrost, Wow, love the 3D affect. The pinwheels are so cute with the yoyos!