Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-2012-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-closes-midnight-est-march-30-a-t183441.html)

Krystyna 05-08-2012 01:07 PM

Both very lovely. I really like the simplicity of two colors.

brenda21 05-08-2012 01:24 PM

both of those are very pretty blue/white and green/white

Ladybug 1938 05-08-2012 02:57 PM

Really pretty quilts, loved them both and they would look great on my wall...

Tam...Moo 05-08-2012 07:42 PM

I received a gorgeous purple quilt from oldcatlady today...it is beautiful....wish I could figure out how to post a picture. I am so lucky to have been matched with you. Your quilt is proudly displayed next to my sewing machine...a great inspiration.

Thank You....Tam...Moo

nancia 05-08-2012 09:36 PM

this has been such a great swap! all the dq's have been beautiful and creative! can't wait to see what everyone comes up with in may! something crazy this way comes.....

sewbeadit 05-09-2012 12:46 AM

I love this little blue and orange quilt, just striking.

Originally Posted by sammygirlqt (Post 5191941)
Today I received this beautiful quilt from Oowee along with 2 FQs and this great tip...a

strip of shelf liner to put under the ruler when cutting to help keep the ruler in place. I just love the orange and turqoise colors and the tiny quilt design throughout the quilt is exquisit. Thank you so much Oowee, I just love it and the FQ's are just soo pretty. You are a wonderful quilt partner. Now I am reserving a wall for the 3 Tennessee quilts with your group pic (Scrappy Fay, Oowee, Needlegrammy).

Krystyna 05-09-2012 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Tam...Moo (Post 5203659)
I received a gorgeous purple quilt from oldcatlady today...it is beautiful....wish I could figure out how to post a picture. I am so lucky to have been matched with you. Your quilt is proudly displayed next to my sewing machine...a great inspiration.

Thank You....Tam...Moo

Tam, if you need help with uploading let us know! Or if Oldcatlady has a photo, we'd love to see it.

leevenora 05-09-2012 03:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my wonderdful doll quilt from JoAnnGC. I think it is perfect! I love everything about it. She also sent me some charm squares and a lovely note.

Krystyna 05-09-2012 03:34 AM

What a pretty and refreshing little quilt! I adore the color combination and the two ton binding is just perfect! Well done!

TammyB 05-09-2012 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 5199497)
The red and white really is striking! I Love it! Is there a pattern for this one?

Thanks, Lori Peercy. I didn't use a pattern. You can take any size square, cut it in half on the diagonal. Then take another piece of fabric and cut strips of fabric one inch wide (leave longer than the length of the diagonal). You sew the strip to each side of the diagonal. Then you trim square. In this DQ I did red on white and white on red. Good luck if you try it.