Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April FQ (Fat Quarter) Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-fq-fat-quarter-swap-t217632.html)

tlambing 04-12-2013 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by sewellie (Post 5994953)
I love the butterfly, wonder how it's made. Is there a pattern? Wish I could have joined this month, but don't have any batiks. Wasn't sure what a batik means and still don't. Hopefully I can join next month.

I purchased the butterflies. Found them at Michaels crafts. I thought they looked like Batik :) I think they are a very thin painted wood or some type of thick jute like material with a clip on the back.
I just love this swap and enjoy looking for something to add a little extra :)

Grandma Di 04-12-2013 10:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you so much LUVSTOQUILT. The batiks just came today. They are very beautiful.[ATTACH=CONFIG]407560[/ATTACH]

Grandma Di 04-12-2013 10:48 AM

I just picked up my beautiful batiks from the post office. Thank you so much shake-n-bake. This was so much fun.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]407563[/ATTACH]

Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt 04-12-2013 11:22 AM

I freceived my fat quarters from LJDugas31 yesterday they are just lovely, thank you so much!!

Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt 04-12-2013 11:23 AM

I received my fatquarters today from LUVSTOQUILT, and a needle nest, they look just like the ones Grandma Di received, just gorgeous, thank you so much, I am so excited!!

Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt 04-12-2013 11:24 AM

I mailed my 2 packages today, both of these 2 ladies i have had before... 1 went far west....1 went north west.....

luvstoquilt 04-12-2013 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by tlambing (Post 5995956)
I purchased the butterflies. Found them at Michaels crafts. I thought they looked like Batik :) I think they are a very thin painted wood or some type of thick jute like material with a clip on the back.
I just love this swap and enjoy looking for something to add a little extra :)

I was thrilled to be lucky enough for you to have gotten my name! I am going to checky my Michael's...really pretty!

Grandma Di and April....I am glad you liked the batiks...I really am just learning about batiks and had no idea there were so many different designs. YIKES! Someone gave me a "needle nest" a year or so ago and I dearly love it..hope you enjoy them..if not, pass them on....that doesn't hurt my feelings at all!

jaba 04-12-2013 12:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Received these today from Vanogay, they are so pretty and she made me a little needle case too. Thank you so much Vanogay, I don't think I have any of these either and the needle case will come in handy for the car when I leave for vacation.[ATTACH=CONFIG]407584[/ATTACH]

Elisabrat 04-12-2013 01:19 PM

Wow you got your fq's Jaba! you beat me! wait aprillovestoquiltslowly said she is sending FAR WEST surely not to Tlambing but to ME!!! nothing yet today maybe another day :( such is how it goes around here. always on the slow boat. lol ok lots of us havent received yet I was just bemoaning instead of coveting.. ok I coveted a few of those fq's.. now to come up with the perfect con.. lmao ok ok not going to con anyone.. will simply beg.

sustraley 04-12-2013 02:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Received these beauties from sikesjj. Love the colors. Her children acutally picked them out. Didn't they do a great job??