Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April Mini quilt swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-mini-quilt-swap-t263217.html)

JuneBillie 04-13-2015 07:36 PM

The spring time Sue mini is so cute. Very pretty! :)

tlambing 04-15-2015 08:05 AM

Very cute Sun Shower Sue! Just love it!

Sorry I haven't been checking in lately...we have had issues here, culminating in having to put our 16.5 yr old rat terrier Jack down on Monday :( It was so very heartbreaking. I didn't think it was going to be this hard. We have known for quite some time that the end was coming...but it certainly didn't make it any easier! It's not only hard on us humans, Frankie (5 yo Bichon/Maltese) the "follower" sure is lost without the "old man" to terrorize. He has been Jacks ears for about half his life. I'm hoping to not have a cry headache today...wish me luck!

Plan to start my mini this evening. I have it all planned out and have a free sew night at the LQS, so I should be on my way. Maybe a sneak peek soon.

BTW, come on ladies. I'm not seeing fabrics and sneak peek etc...I need my fix!

Teresa

JuneBillie 04-15-2015 11:10 AM

Teresa I am so sorry to hear about the fur baby. I have two getting older, and I can't stand to think about it. They are family. Each one of my doggies have some issue, but that is how they came to me. I take care of them as I would children. My one Yorkie is the young one and the yappy one too. Each one is so different too.

I hope to post a sneak peek soon. I have it partly done, but enjoying the bits here and there. lol... Also have been alternating between it and some other little projects. I will probably finish up on another personal project I am working on today, then tomorrow full ahead on this one. :)

I know this is premature by about a half a month, but any ideas on what the theme might lean toward for May? :)

Everyone have a great day, and happy sewing. :thumbup:

I sure do appreciate this swap with our hostess. :):)

ljdugas31 04-15-2015 11:46 AM

Teresa so sorry I have been there heartbreaking.Hope things get better soon.

JuneBillie 04-15-2015 01:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone! I went to the post office after another errand, and have a smile on my face. Ljdugas31 (Linda) sent me the most beautiful mini quilt for April. The white background fabric is textured with all over sewing that looks as if she sewed all those pretty designs on. Well for all I know she did. :) Then it has two of the prettiest Dresden plate flowers with yo yo's in the middle of them. Also such pretty binding, and the back fabric is so pretty too. All of those beautiful flowers. I love love flowers. The colors go well for spring in my living room, and I am getting ready to put it up. She also sent a very pretty card that has the texture of linen, with a nice note inside. I was surprised to see this little book in the package that has lined pages inside to write on. On the top of the little book are beautiful flowers and lace. I will have to use this little book for something special. Thank you so so much for the beautiful mini and other nice items Linda. Ok, without further ado here are the pictures.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]517005[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]517006[/ATTACH]

It's all even prettier in person. :)

ljdugas31 04-15-2015 01:35 PM

so glad you like it! It does look like spring.

JuneBillie 04-15-2015 01:45 PM

It sure does Linda. Spring is officially in my house. :)

quiltjoey 04-15-2015 03:38 PM

Love the Sue mini and the flowers Dresden!

Hi Debbyg: please send me an email to update me. Thanks

klaws 04-15-2015 04:27 PM

Teresa so sorry to hear about your furbaby. I've been through it several times and it never gets easier.

JuneBillie 04-17-2015 08:47 PM

I did a bit more detail work on my mini for my partner. I should be able to soon show a sneak peek. I may have said that before. lol... I just want it to look right for my partner. :)

Everyone must be sewing, and out enjoying the nice weather. :)