Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April POM Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-pom-swap-t277011.html)

tlambing 03-23-2016 02:42 PM

April POM Swap

~April~ Project of the Month
Mail by April 29th

This months project ….Garden or Quilting Apron

This is just a simple apron with pockets to hold tools and that ties around the waist.
There are no precise directions or criteria. I only ask that your finished project be something that you would be excited to receive.

If you’d like to join, please send a pm to me tlambing and include the following

Real Name
Phone #
Email address
Severe Allergies
Can you swap Internationally?

Sign ups will be open until Thursday March 31st. Names out soon after. You will have until April 29th to mail your project.

I’d really like to keep this about the project, so I am going to ask that we not send extra goodies. This will help to keep postage down as well as helping us not feel an obligation to shower our partner with gifts. If you feel you must do something extra, how about writing a poem or drawing a picture or sharing a joke? I bet you can think of something!

As soon as names are given, please contact your partner right away.
Please contact me asap if you are having trouble getting in contact.
Please continue to post on the thread throughout the swap. Let everyone know of your progress, post sneak peeks and encourage other swappers. It’s so much fun seeing everyones progress and sharing in our quilting friendship.

I ask that you let me know when you send your project and when you receive from your partner.

Any swapper that does not follow through with their obligation to the swap will be banned from future swaps and will receive bad (swap) feedback.

****Please make sure to read the general rules that apply to all swaps here on the quilting board****

lawsonmugs 03-23-2016 04:26 PM

I'm going to follow the swap but I am not joining in. I don't use aprons and already have a couple that just sit there. It's really a shame for me to waste someones time and talent then not use it. I do love teasing everyone though so if ya all don't mind I'll be here in spirit. Hugs Mary

Patchesnposies 03-23-2016 04:48 PM

This sounds really fun! I am in.

lynnie 03-23-2016 06:49 PM

I have a lot to do, so I'm stepping out on this one.
I'm trying to make headway on my 60*star EPP bed quilt.
Slow going due to hands cramping and severe back pain.I will, however, be lurking
around, till next month. Have fun ladies.

ckcowl 03-24-2016 01:09 AM

I'm in again. I don't wear aprons often but they are fun & sometimes I'm happy I have one. :)

dotcomdtcm 03-24-2016 04:47 AM

This is simple sewing. I'll join. Dotty

Chasezzz 03-24-2016 05:16 AM

I'm in for this!

MizMelly 03-24-2016 06:12 AM

I'm in again too! I love making aprons!! For some reason I never have any of my own tho. Guess I give them all away!! But I can use a gardener's apron for sure!

dotcomdtcm 03-24-2016 06:29 AM

Now that I have located my apron patterns, I'm in the mood to sew a bunch. Would be nice to have 4-5 for April 15
trip to California. Sewing keeps my fingers out of the cookie jar!!

tlambing 03-24-2016 07:31 AM

If you're on the fence....
Remember, this swap has only one stipulation! "make something you'd be happy to receive" So, your project is your creation. It can be as simple or grandiose as you wish.
And, if you're not an apron user, you can always gift it. Or, wrap it around a bucket to make it decorative or hang it as decor. Maybe look at this as a challenge without a known purpose......I kinda like those.
Glad to see you BRAVE souls signing up ;)