Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-secret-pal-swap-closes-march-30th-noon-t183684.html)

arizonagirl 04-12-2012 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 5133721)
I used to get the Joann flyer but it always arrived well after the sale was over and coupons expired. Plus, if you don't go in there frequently, they cut you off. So, I check for sales anytime I know we will be going down. Maybe I will see if they will email me.

There is a great thrift store here that always has a lot of craft items. Unfortunately, they are only open Thursdays from 10-2. I work Monday to Thursday 6-4:30 so that sure doesn't work. Good excuse to check out a couple thrift stores that have been on my radar for a while, though. Who knows, I may also find some Halloween stuff for me. lol

Most likely I will see everyone here in June. Thanks for the assistance.

Hi Kathy it's me again. I can help you with the coupons for Joann's. If you have a smart phone with a camera you can do what I do. I go to this website: http://dealspl.us/joann-coupons to get my coupons. I search for all valid coupons and take a picture of each one showing the numbers along the bottom, percent off and the experation date. Lets say you find 5 coupons, you should be able to use all 5 of them. I will also seach for coupons for local carft and fabric stores in my area. For example: Michaels and Hobby Lobby. Joann's will accept 1 coupon for each store. Keep in mind that If you use a Michaels coupon it can't be used on any sewing items such as fabric as Michaels doesn't sell those items. If you do get a coupon by email or by mail you can take a picture of them as well to use. I take a picture of the coupons in my fliers as well. That way I can use them again. If you go in with the flier they will mark the coupon out so that it can't be used again. The most coupons that I have been able to use on 1 trip has been 8. I love being able to save money like this. Just make sure that the numbers on the bottom of each coupon is different. Let me know if you have any questions.

Krystyna 04-12-2012 04:11 AM

Robyn, I love your Pinterest boards! You're so organized.

mmb195152 04-12-2012 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5127793)
Sounds like Krystyna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, not Krystyna. Can't wait for my SP to get her package, and the extra laugh. This lady's furbaby is the same kind as my sweet Sophie was.

Krystyna 04-12-2012 04:37 AM

And what kind was sweet Sophie?

works4me 04-12-2012 06:10 AM

Arizonagirl: Wow!

I signed up for the Joann flyer email and I look on-line for Michael's coupons. I have now bookmarkeded Hobby Lobby for coupons, too. I didn't know Joann`s will accept more than one coupon at a time. That is very good to know.

I've come up with some ideas for items for the swap. It was just a bit overwhelming seeing so many huge batches of stuff, with a lot of it looing like it was purchased. I think I can do a pretty good one but it likely won`t be until June as things are too intense right now.

Thanks to all for the ideas and suggestions and encouragement.

buslady 04-12-2012 07:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]327213[/ATTACH]Received my package from Nancy in Louisiana. What a great prize!!! Thank you than you thank you!! This is sew much fun! That Mug fits me and my personality perfectly!! Yellow is one of my favorite colors, so the fabric is very much loved. I put the wrist pin cusion on right away. Almost forgot I had it on, it is so comfortable. And those blocks are going to be a great project; I've decided I will sew them together by hand and make something small out of them just for me. Maybe a pillow, or a lap cover. Hmmmmm. And I don't think you can ever have too many bags. Again, thank you very much.

arizonagirl 04-12-2012 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5134804)
Robyn, I love your Pinterest boards! You're so organized.

Thanks, it took me forever to get everything organized by alpha. I've added some new boards and need to get them moved to the right places.

mscupid804 04-12-2012 08:56 AM

I rec'd my SP pkg today from Mary (mmb195152) and would like to tell Mary thank you again. She did a good job personalizing it for me and gave my love of my life something too! BTW, I got more candy but it didn't quite make it in the pic! :D Here's the 1st pic:
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...804/AprSP1.jpg
Look at this adorable pin cushion she made AND she put BUTTONS in it for me!!!!!!
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...804/AprSP2.jpg
And for the love of my life, this is for her:
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...804/AprSP3.jpg

arizonagirl 04-12-2012 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by works4me (Post 5135148)
Arizonagirl: Wow!

I signed up for the Joann flyer email and I look on-line for Michael's coupons. I have now bookmarkeded Hobby Lobby for coupons, too. I didn't know Joann`s will accept more than one coupon at a time. That is very good to know.

I've come up with some ideas for items for the swap. It was just a bit overwhelming seeing so many huge batches of stuff, with a lot of it looing like it was purchased. I think I can do a pretty good one but it likely won`t be until June as things are too intense right now.

Thanks to all for the ideas and suggestions and encouragement.

I'm glad I could be of help. Another thing that I do is when Joann's has the patterns on sale for $.99 each limit 10, I will buy a lot of them. I get the ones that are in the crafts, accessories, and home decor, sections for example: purses, pillows, sewing room patterns, also the holiday craft patterns. I'll buy several of each. I keep one for myself if I like the pattern and then put the rest away for future swaps. Then I may send 1 or 2 of them to my secret pal. That way you are sending something that goes for $15.00 to $20.00 but only cost you $.99

onaemtnest 04-12-2012 09:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
OOPS....The third picture is NOT this month it's from another month?????????? I made the mistake when uploading and deleted it before posting ~ it doesn't show on my 'review changes' but when posted it is still there???? So you get to see a swap picture from a previous exchange...sorry I don't know what I'm doing wrong to eliminate a picture even though I've deleted it and it still shows....

Lookie lookie what I received from Maggy aka Maggie ~ Maggie was so very generous with me, from the sweet tooth ~to the reading material ~ to my most wanted item the Clover Clips which I've really been wanting to try! But her item that she made for me the apron that is a towel....I cannot tell you how many extra steps I take, especially when I'm canning to 'find' a dish towel to wipe my hands that I've laid down....never where I need it....now it's an apron and towel combined...who would've thunk it?????

I told Maggie in my thank-you to her that, this past Quilt Week here we had an apron 'fashion' show and one of the ladies had a very old and tattered 'apron' that was her favorite....it was a large circular collar (much like a large dinner plate with the center cut out to fit over her head...the collar part extended to just over her shoulders...I hope this makes sense???) then to the front was attached 1/2 of terry bath towel no ties but the idea of always having a towel at the 'ready' really appealed to me! The plus was that it also protected her clothing.

So when Maggie sent the same thing different design it is GREAT! (see second picture)

Thank-you, Thank-you Maggie!!!! <BIG you to hugs quilty and smiles>

[ATTACH=CONFIG]327232[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]327231[/ATTACH]
</BIG>