Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-secret-pal-swap-closes-march-30th-noon-t183684.html)

Havplenty 04-16-2012 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5145156)
OFF TOPIC: I just made a cool cupcake oven mitt but it looks wonky because it kept slipping on me. It was 3 layers thick of batting and the front and back piece and I always have problems with small projects like that where there's batting involved. I'd show a pic but am ashamed at how it looks, any suggestions on how to keep it nice and steady??? It was also THICKER when I had to join the 2 pieces (9 total) together!! I think my problem comes when I have to sew 2 separate pieces together instead as ONE WHOLE unit.

i made that pattern also and yes it is difficult to sew all of those layers together. i am waiting to try sewing it on my singer 301a and see if that helps. my sewing machine kept skipping stitches. i am going try it with a thinner batting the next time. i used warm & natural along with insulbrite. when making regular mitts, i had no problems but with the muffin top sewing it to the bottom for the cupcake one, i had all sorts of problems.

you may also try gluing the two layers together before sewing to see if that stops the slipping. i had that idea after i finished mine. haha.:)

brenda21 04-16-2012 07:42 AM

[QUOTE=mscupid804;5145156]OFF TOPIC: I just made a cool cupcake oven mitt but it looks wonky because it kept slipping on me. It was 3 layers thick of batting and the front and back piece and I always have problems with small projects like that where there's batting involved. I'd show a pic but am ashamed at how it looks, any suggestions on how to keep it nice and steady??? It was also THICKER when I had to join the 2 pieces (9 total) together!! I think my problem comes when I have to sew 2 separate pieces together instead as ONE WHOLE unit.[/QUOT

Teresa-
Don't know if this will work but I read it somewhere...suggestion was for things like this to use a jeans/denim needle...never tried it myself, although I am going to pick some up and try it myself.

Havplenty 04-16-2012 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl (Post 5144499)
I believe that a
State certified U.S. birth certificate is different that the standard issued birth certificate that you receive when you order a birth certificate.
Congratulations on your trip to Alaska Louise.

it's not different. the birth certificate that you order from the records division of your local government will have a seal on it, which is the certification being referred to. what you cannot bring is a xerox copy of a birth certificate, it has to be an original. when i took my father on a cruise to a bahamian resort (about 5 yrs ago), all i needed was to get a copy of his birth certificate from the city government. if i had to get him a passport, he never would have been able to make the trip as he was very ill at the time.

lawsonmugs 04-16-2012 07:48 AM

[QUOTE=brenda21;5145396]

OFF TOPIC: I just made a cool cupcake oven mitt but it looks wonky because it kept slipping on me. It was 3 layers thick of batting and the front and back piece and I always have problems with small projects like that where there's batting involved. I'd show a pic but am ashamed at how it looks, any suggestions on how to keep it nice and steady??? It was also THICKER when I had to join the 2 pieces (9 total) together!! I think my problem comes when I have to sew 2 separate pieces together instead as ONE WHOLE unit.[/QUOT

Teresa-
Don't know if this will work but I read it somewhere...suggestion was for things like this to use a jeans/denim needle...never tried it myself, although I am going to pick some up and try it myself.

Ok now where is this cupcake or muffin pattern at? I'm making my daughter-in-law some pot holders now. that would be a cute one to make too.

mscupid804 04-16-2012 07:52 AM

[QUOTE=lawsonmugs;5145412]

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5145396)
Ok now where is this cupcake or muffin pattern at? I'm making my daughter-in-law some pot holders now. that would be a cute one to make too.

Mary, I ordered mine on eBay....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Susie-Shore-...40091797607438

Havplenty 04-16-2012 08:02 AM

woohoo. all three sp swap packages are out for delivery today. now to get them into the hands of my swap pals hopefully to gleeful smiles.:)

now it time to start planning next month's handmade surprises.

Havplenty 04-16-2012 08:12 AM

[QUOTE=lawsonmugs;5145412]

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5145396)

here is a free pattern link also for the cupcake shaped potholders. i know i had another link also but cannot find it yet. i will keep looking.:)

lawsonmugs 04-16-2012 08:13 AM

[QUOTE=mscupid804;5145424]Thanks Teresa. I think I will wing it. They are adorable though.To much money for as simple type pattern.Again thanks.

Krystyna 04-16-2012 08:15 AM

Received a package from HappyNana today.

mscupid804 04-16-2012 08:16 AM

[QUOTE=brenda21;5145396]

OFF TOPIC: I just made a cool cupcake oven mitt but it looks wonky because it kept slipping on me. It was 3 layers thick of batting and the front and back piece and I always have problems with small projects like that where there's batting involved. I'd show a pic but am ashamed at how it looks, any suggestions on how to keep it nice and steady??? It was also THICKER when I had to join the 2 pieces (9 total) together!! I think my problem comes when I have to sew 2 separate pieces together instead as ONE WHOLE unit.[/QUOT

Teresa-

Brenda, I have one of those, I will have to try it next time....thx!