Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April Secret Pal Swap Closes March 30th noon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-secret-pal-swap-closes-march-30th-noon-t183684.html)

quiltnut4ever 04-24-2012 03:33 AM

I love seeing pics of what people received and I love to post my pics when my sp package comes in. It has helped me with ideas as well.

mscupid804 04-24-2012 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 (Post 5165632)
I am curious, I have never posted my SP packages that I have received. Is that rude of me? I usually have a email conversation with my SP partner thanking them but never post a picture of it. I just think it is something private between the two of us. Although I don't mind if the package I send gets pictured and posted. I am just curious on everyone's opinions on this matter. thanks

I agree w/everyone else about the pictures, I love seeing them because I have seen some pics of stuff that I would love to have as well! So when the next SP swap comes along, I ask for it! Robyn (arizonagirl), is an awesome sewer and I want her to have me! :) Anything she makes I would love to have! So share those pics girl, we wanna see!:thumbup:

Krystyna 04-24-2012 04:16 AM

I think Mary (Havplenty) summed it up best. If no one posted pictures this swap really wouldn't be much fun at all. I'd imagine no one would even be interested in it.

Quilty-Louise 04-24-2012 04:31 AM

Robyn - No not migraines, mine are mainly caused by the problems
with my neck. I have had 2 surgeries and have lots of hardware. So
I tend to get (and keep) headaches, muscle spasms, and chronic pain
all the time.

I gave up on all the attempts at treatment because I was tired of have
6-8 in long needles stuck into my neck for nerve burns and everything
else the Dr. wanted to try.

So I make myself suffer through all the stuff.

That is my sometimes I make items for my sp's and sometimes I don't.
I can't sit at the machine long enough to make stuff when I am having
an "issue" when the pain is worse than average.

Originally Posted by arizonagirl (Post 5165717)
Louise are your headaches migraines? If so ask your Dr about taking nortriptyline. I take it at night before bed and it has helped to reduce the amount of migraines. I used to have one almost every day.

Quilty-Louise 04-24-2012 04:35 AM

I have to agree with everyone else.

I LOVE seeing the pictures of all the stuff that everyone gets, and it
gives me ideas of things I can send to my sp the coming months.

It's getting to be that time of year when mailing anything chocolate
is "risky" (because of the heat melting it). So if I can get other ideas
that is helpful.

Not to mention I LOVEEEEEEEE seeing all the homemade items.

LindaR 04-24-2012 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5163973)
Patterns here are $15+ BUT, like we all said, we wait until they go on sale for .99 CENTS! What part of that is HARD to understand?! And the rest of the stuff is from our own stash and extra stuff we buy just to stock up on. And we shop for the SALES. I think certain people might feel slighted because they haven't received such a generous box themselves, if so, we wouldn't be seeing them complaining! I'm sure I can speak for the majority here when I say, if at any time you feel slighted or uncomfortable in this swap.....leave! This is suppose to be a fun swap and if the complaints continue over trivial stuff, we won't be able to have it anymore!

I second that emotion LOL

LindaR 04-24-2012 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever (Post 5165765)
I love seeing pics of what people received and I love to post my pics when my sp package comes in. It has helped me with ideas as well.

I love seeing the pictures and do get ideas...especially the little stickers you put on paper to reinforce the "holes"...I have them on all the bobbins...don't know who sent them but great idea...love seeing what everyone is getting...I had two SP who didn't post pictures and I was kinda disappointed...you have to do what you are comfortable with...everyone is different and I love the differences...

buslady 04-24-2012 05:43 AM

Hole stickers? For your bobbins? I missed that one, PLEAZE post info, I need to know!
I'll tell you my story. I absolutely love everything about this board. It is my escape. The swaps make it "real". Real people, sending real prizes, all with the same "real" interests. My job is the director of our local public transit. I go to work, I go home. I don't have a lot of time to socialize, and when I do I really like it to be in the sewing arean. I have one friend that has the same passion as I do, and I belong to a church group that gets together quite a bit, just not enough for me. LOL You cannot be friends and do things with your employees. Been there. Done that. It just doesn't work. So, you guys are my sewing buds! And pictures help!! Ok, off my stage and on to work!!

annt59 04-24-2012 06:43 AM

Please post pictures. I love looking at all the goodies!

arizonagirl 04-24-2012 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5165832)
I agree w/everyone else about the pictures, I love seeing them because I have seen some pics of stuff that I would love to have as well! So when the next SP swap comes along, I ask for it! Robyn (arizonagirl), is an awesome sewer and I want her to have me! :) Anything she makes I would love to have! So share those pics girl, we wanna see!:thumbup:

Awww, thanks for the compliment.