Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April Secret Pal Swap ends 3-29 4:00 pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-secret-pal-swap-ends-3-29-4-00-pm-cst-t217359.html)

verna2197 04-29-2013 10:49 AM

well mail lady came and lo and behold there was a priority package for me. On man I was so excited thinking here it is, my SP package, then I saw who it was from and my bubble burst. It was from my sister. Now I love getting packages from her but I also would love to get my SP package.

Another disappointed day for me. Hopefully maybe tomorrow.

I have signed up for the May Swap but not sure how many more I will sign up for. Kinda makes you bum out when you don't get a package. I know there are Secret Angels on here that fill in but you shouldn't have to.

I think when someone doesn't fill up to there obligation there name should be posted unless there is an awfully good reason.

Sad In Tennessee!

fayzer 04-29-2013 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by verna2197 (Post 6034135)
well mail lady came and lo and behold there was a priority package for me. On man I was so excited thinking here it is, my SP package, then I saw who it was from and my bubble burst. It was from my sister. Now I love getting packages from her but I also would love to get my SP package.

Another disappointed day for me. Hopefully maybe tomorrow.

I have signed up for the May Swap but not sure how many more I will sign up for. Kinda makes you bum out when you don't get a package. I know there are Secret Angels on here that fill in but you shouldn't have to.

I think when someone doesn't fill up to there obligation there name should be posted unless there is an awfully good reason.

Sad In Tennessee!

Maybe I will get you next month. You will be sure to get a package!

verna2197 04-29-2013 01:26 PM

thank you fayzer you are to sweet

Sdwill 04-29-2013 06:42 PM

verna2197, if I get you in May you'll get a package and it will be mailed before the date. I've already started filling the box, just waiting on a name to personalize a few things.

verna2197 04-29-2013 06:50 PM

ty everyone you guys are all too kind

verna2197 04-29-2013 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by queenof2802 (Post 6028308)
Dear SP :

So sorry that you are having to wait. I had a terrible case of the shingles that affected both of my hands and feet. During the middle of the week I had a mandatory meeting out of town. I forgot to take your package to the PO today. I think our little office is opened tomorrow. Again, I am sorry to have made you wait all month.

I hope you are feeling better with the Shingles, I have heard that is very terrible, so much pain. Again I hope you are better now.

starshine 04-29-2013 07:29 PM

Hang in there Verna. It is disappointing when you are left on the bench. And I hope that unless it is really an unavoidable situation the person/s who don't follow through do have to sit out at least one month, or maybe two. And if it is an ongoing problem they have been warned they would be banned, so maybe that is the fairest thing.
But I think many of us are enjoying the opportunity to get to know each other and so don't mind doing an Angel package when Lori needs one.

Grandma Peg 04-29-2013 07:30 PM

No package today, hopefully tomorrow.

verna2197 04-29-2013 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by starshine (Post 6035054)
Hang in there Verna. It is disappointing when you are left on the bench. And I hope that unless it is really an unavoidable situation the person/s who don't follow through do have to sit out at least one month, or maybe two. And if it is an ongoing problem they have been warned they would be banned, so maybe that is the fairest thing.
But I think many of us are enjoying the opportunity to get to know each other and so don't mind doing an Angel package when Lori needs one.

Thank you starshine, like you I hope they get banned for awhile. I don't mind doing an Secret Angel I just think its sad when someone commints to something and then doesn't come thru. I do enjoy meeting others on here so I am grateful for that.

verna2197 04-29-2013 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Peg (Post 6035055)
No package today, hopefully tomorrow.

Sorry Grandma Peg was really hoping since I didn't get mine today you did. Hopefully tomorrow.