Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/aprils-mug-rug-swap-theme-how-sweet-t263007.html)

Elisabrat 03-30-2015 06:58 AM

RW omg! can you do my room too? and I see your room and drool. all those jars of 'stuff'! buttons and little things you can put on cards and on fabric and then there is the fabric. you are 100 percent organized! that unfortunately for me would last about 6 months and I would have to do it again. I was so inspired that I cleaned my room too :) I have everything given away that I wont use and now its something I can see, and will use. I know I would have used the stuff in there eventually but not sure I will make it long enough to do that so getting rid of things now so the kids don't have to do it is high priority for me. My own mom left me a nightmare to clean up and go through. I swore I would never do that to my own kids. so far about 3/4 of the house is done. easy to clean up, take what they want and donate the rest. nothing that cant be used here. ok I just got a dehydrator. going nuts using it but wonder.. will anyone want that thing when I am done ? lol. guess you cant predict everything.

I am so amazed to hear we have over 50 sign ups! wow keep them coming!! I had a suggestion in my suggestion box this morning that turned into the grand new idea for sign ups! we will do one every other month that you can simply do ahead without your partners input and still end up with something everyone should love. then the other month you will be required to wait to see what your partner thinks about your idea or gives you their own wishful input on what to make for them. This way its a win win. those early people will have 6 swaps to do that they can do in advance and the other 6 months the people who like to wait to hear what their partner wants will get their way :) and we will ask for input from our partners before we make it. so no advance making of mug rugs that month. I hope this will please everyone at least some of the time :) and this works for everyone. if you have trouble with this send me an email and we will work it out. but that is it. the simple new way of doing these swaps to please all of you!

SIGN UP TODAY ONLY TWO more days to sign up!!! get on in on the fun. how sweet it is!!! flowers, candy, cookies, cake, pie! you know the imagination is endless.. maybe its animals or sunshine that is your how sweet it is. or your partners!!! if you can wait til your paired up so you can get input from your partner this month on what is their cup of tea. some people have illness that doesn't allow them to eat sweets and would rather have flowers or puppies so make sure they wont find it too tempting to stare at day after day. I don't eat sweets myself but think they sure are pretty so I would be happy with flowers, cupcakes or kitties. or chocolates always look so tempting .. don't eat those either but like seeing them. currently I have an entire bowl of candies on my table. some cute as heck ladybugs and strawberries all wrapped up so pretty (chocolate) and gold coins. I watch them go by the handful. my partner or company comes. I think NOOO not THAT ONE lol. I will be lucky if that candy lasts a week in the bowl. :)

send your name, address, phone number to CTYANKEE and she will get you in on the mug rug swap today! posting of the partners will be done sometime on the 1st or 2nd here. You will not get invidivual emails simply partners posted on the forum right here. so come on back and find your partner and as soon as you get him/her you are to write them and get the party started. get to know your partner! its a chance at friendship away from home. like a pen pal only way better! this one quilts!

Make sure your work is always the very best you can do. Look at it. are you proud of it? is your binding on straight and cleanly done? if you don't bind did you clean up the edge nicely? quilt it if you can even mildly is better than not at all. it has to hold up to washing. its MUG RUG its going to get dirty at times. Make sure its big enough for a cup of coffee/soda/margarita lol and a snack. I am asking that you make it with quilting fabric, real batting and all seams are clean and finished. Give something you would love to get back in return. its as simple as that! embellishments should be considered and put in a location where a mug would not tip over on it. big buttons are not truly advised unless you want to add them say near a corner. and find out from your partner when you get them if they mind machine embroidery or not. if your planning on using it make sure its something they like first. tada! and most of all be kind and understanding of whatever you are receiving. Its not the place to put something unkind on the forum but if you do have an issue come on over and send me a PM and let me take care of it ok? this way feelings are not stepped on and its simply treating someone as kindly as you would like to be treated yourself.

GET READY, GET SET... (cant say go yet two more days darn it!)

Quilty-Louise 03-30-2015 08:01 AM

My hubs proposed a room change on Saturday, one which I
THINK that I will like (more than he will LOL).

He said he was just "thinking" about moving his desk and stuff
into the second bedroom, leaving me with having all my fabric,
and sewing stuff as well as my desk, the freestanding freezer &
freestanding pantry in the living room and dining room.

I did tell him that BEFORE this change can even begin to happen
that he had to get that darn 36" non working tv OUT of the living
room.

I truly dread having to move everything, but would LOVE having all
my stuff closer together (not like going to the second bedroom was
all that difficult lol).

Elisabrat 03-30-2015 08:06 AM

uh I would accidentally be at the store when he got started on the room. oh shoot gotta run out for these fifty items.. even if you come home with 2 make sure it takes long enough that tv is moved first before you get home. my man moves at his own pace. he will take forever to do it but its so worth it when he does do stuff. sorta. move that couch out to the car? sure. he does it by himself. then for the next five days oh my back. argh you had help coming. didn't want to wait is the answer I get. I try not to say too much after all.. I didn't move it. :) good luck getting your space quilty louise! I imagine how wonderful it will be when its ALL yours! oh yeah!

Quilty-Louise 03-30-2015 08:30 AM

I currently have the second bedroom, dining room and part of
the living room already cluttered with my sewing stuff.

Of course I DO NOT have any furniture other than a dining table
(which is buried under sewing stuff and 2 machines). This table is
also the table I had in my "morning" room in the home I had in NC
21 years ago (dang I sure do miss my house). We got rid of all our
furniture piece by piece as it started falling apart. First went the sofa,
than the love seat.

Since we live on the third floor (NO elevator) it is not going to be a
fun or easy move of that tv as it is HEAVY it took 3 men and a dollie
to get it up the three flights of stairs. And we can't do it like we did the
sofa and loveseat (just threw them off the balcony than drug them to
the dumpster. If we could do that it would be much easier.

lynnie 03-30-2015 08:57 AM

oy 2 more days till we get our partners. Are you ready???

Cheesehead 03-30-2015 10:35 AM

Oh yeah, I'm ready! The mug rug is finished and all I need to do is to get some goodies to include in the package.

Jan

ctyankee 03-30-2015 11:10 AM

Thank you, QuiltyLouise.

Crqltr 03-30-2015 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by ctyankee (Post 7146261)
rwquilts -- that's a great hint, to make a cheat sheet. Heaven knows I can use one. Once I get things sorted, that is. I have a tendency to put things in a "safe" spot -- then can't remember where that is! I find that problem flows into my sewing room, too -- I can never find a seam ripper or a tape measure when I need one! :rolleyes:

Then I would forget where I put the cheat sheet!

sewbizgirl 03-30-2015 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee (Post 7146595)
My MIL passed away early this morning. We are trying to get DH a flight from Boston to Shannon, but so far there are no direct flights. It's bad enough driving to Boston, but I really do not want to drive to JFK. We are trying to sort things through. I will get back to you later today. Maybe sooner.

Very sorry for your loss, ctyankee... My, what a nice long life she had! Awesome.

rwquilts 03-30-2015 02:20 PM

Ctyankee, sorry for the loss of family, but it's so nice to know she had such a long life with her family.

Thank you ladies for your compliments on my sewing studio. Truth be told, it only looks like this for pictures and after a few projects when I can't find any working space. I am really, really messy in my creating, but after a few project when I can't seem to find anything or have work space, I bite the bullet and put everything away again and sigh happily until I mess it up again the very next day usually.

Brat, I love your idea of every other month...that makes it so you don't have to keep two lists and everyone gets what we want and don't get what we want. Ha ha ha! Equal opportunity pain and gain... :) Thanks for all your hard work! And thank you Ctyankee for your hard work with this swap as well...