Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Aprils Mug Rug Swap! Theme: How Sweet it is! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/aprils-mug-rug-swap-theme-how-sweet-t263007.html)

Elisabrat 03-25-2015 12:41 PM

darn Lynnie and I thought you would have a hard time coming up with one, two or a hundred things you love! lol you will be easy to please I am thinking!

welcome Cactus! we love having new players! I know you will have fun doing this swap. the chatter is great, the ideas endless and well the creativity that is shown when all are done are always impressive and enjoyable. I lived in Sedona for years and it is one of my favorite places on earth. if you could only do away with those desert creepy crawlies it would be heaven truly it would!

jaba 03-25-2015 12:45 PM

" this month its about what is sweet to you (puppies? kittens? lol) not your partner so you don't need to ask them about what your going to make just make sure when you send to them you include a small note saying this is what this means to me because.. (ie love cupcakes or candy or flowers or .. ) they will love it I know."

Guess I'm not understanding this, you said this but now you're saying we should make what our partner wants?? I just finished sewing mine for my sweet treat and just have to do the hand binding. Are you changing your mind?

Cheesehead 03-25-2015 02:00 PM

Jaba that was my understanding too, that we were making the sweets that we like and sharing that with our partner. Mine is ready for the binding too, that will be tomorrows project.

Jan

jaba 03-25-2015 02:42 PM

Decided that's what I'm doing, not changing it now. I asked for 2 swaps and I most always make a set of 2. I spent all day sewing 4 mugrugs. If it's different I'll drop out.

klaws 03-25-2015 02:51 PM

I'm making what I like also. I already have mine cut out and ready to sew. I know that I will like whatever someone makes me.

ctyankee 03-25-2015 03:04 PM

If you want to sign up, please PM me with your name, address, phone number. Thanks.

Here's an updated list of who will be participating:

1. Nelco
2. suern3
3. cuppy
4. CarolinePaj
5. dee1245
6. Cheesehead
7. Lynnie
8. Oneteapot
9. teriamn
10. QuiltyLouise
11. Let'sQuilt
12. jaba
13. ctyankee
14. klaws
15. cactus stitchin
16. dfelker
17. Jan Rutherford
18. debbyg
19. KathyM
20. crqltr

Okay, that's all the names I have, as of right now.

ctyankee 03-25-2015 03:06 PM

A big welcome to debbyg, as she is new to us.

KathyM, welcome, too -- your name is new to me, perhaps not to the others.

I believe everybody else is a returnee -- if I'm wrong, please correct me! :)

suern3 03-25-2015 03:36 PM

I, too, will be making what is "sweet" to me, although I haven't started yet, other than planning. I look forward to seeing what is sweet to my partner. In fact, I asked my partner in a previous swap to make something that represented her. I think that is a fun way to learn about others. And I am not very picky, a gift is a gift IMHO:)

terriamn 03-25-2015 04:16 PM

I have totally finished mine also. It is sweet, sweet to me

lynnie 03-25-2015 06:33 PM

I'm done and ready to ship. it's sweet to me and prob everyone else too.

welcome Debby and Kathy, you'll find us to be a fun group. dig into your
stash or go shopping for that perfect fabric that is "sweet" to you. Just finish
nicely and tuck everything in and sew as neatly as you can. we're all looking
forward to your interpretation to 'sweet'.