Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/august-2013-secret-pal-swap-closes-july-31st-4pm-t226391.html)

Ladybug 1938 08-28-2013 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 6259266)
Yes I made it--thank you. They are throwbacks to the '70s. I used to make them for craft fairs. You just take two circles of felt, sew on rick-rack or some kind of decorative trim. Sew and stuff an inner circle, then just 6 or 8 places around the outer circle. Thread a ribbon through the spools and you are good to go. They are easy made with felt, although I think some people use doubled fabric as well.

I use to make those also and used material and it was a real pain with the binding, can see where felt is great... Have the circles from the first one I made in a junk box, LOL took the thread out a long time ago... Seems what was OLD is NEW again...

buslady 08-28-2013 05:30 AM

I made from fabric, two circles sewed all the way around, make a slit in the middle of each to turn them. Sew together, with slits facing each other, about 2 inches in from the edges, leave a small spot to stuff through then close that up, too. Then I stitched the two resulting flapps at intervals that fit the thread spools. Just run a pc of elastic under those stitches, through the spool, under the next stitch, through the spool, etc, at the end I used a small safety pin to hold the ends of the elastic together so you could replace the spools when needed. A snap would be good, too, if not as lazy as I. LOL I don't have a pattern, but if you need the demensions, etc., PM me, I will get one out that I made and measure it!

lawsonmugs 08-28-2013 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 6259266)
Yes I made it--thank you. They are throwbacks to the '70s. I used to make them for craft fairs. You just take two circles of felt, sew on rick-rack or some kind of decorative trim. Sew and stuff an inner circle, then just 6 or 8 places around the outer circle. Thread a ribbon through the spools and you are good to go. They are easy made with felt, although I think some people use doubled fabric as well.

Thanks.I remember my mom had one when I was a kid in the early 50"s.Brings back fun memories. Thanks again for the instructions. Mary

lawsonmugs 08-28-2013 05:48 AM

Rosemary,you SHOULD make your lil sis one.lol.hugs

Knitette 08-28-2013 09:54 AM

Is it just me and Ladybug on the bench?

Airwick156 08-28-2013 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6260433)
Is it just me and Ladybug on the bench?

Ill come sit on the bench with you and ladybug and Ill even bring leftover birthday cake from my daughters birthday yesterday.

buslady 08-28-2013 10:42 AM

I do hope you are not on the bench long. I am going to sit out a couple of months, get myself together and caught up, maybe I will teach myself not to be late! Great packages, love seeing them.

maggy 08-28-2013 01:16 PM

Sorry about the pic. I am still trying to correct it. The pic was there when I posted don't know what happen.

Ladybug 1938 08-28-2013 01:32 PM

Guess what, I am still on the bench.......buslady am thinking of sitting out also for a month or too, I always make sure to mail mine out on or before the 15th the deadline, know there are circumstances but with me has happened to often I am on the bench... Will think about it...

Ladybug 1938 08-28-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 6259940)
Rosemary,you SHOULD make your lil sis one.lol.hugs

Be a good girl and just maybe for Christmas I will make you one....