Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   August 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes July 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/august-2013-secret-pal-swap-closes-july-31st-4pm-t226391.html)

Knitette 09-05-2013 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by buslady (Post 6275164)
Man, I hope you can sort it out, Knitette! another $30 seems like WAAAYYYYY too much! I can't wait to hear what they say. I will send you the money if that is what it is!! I used my postage program on the computer, which has been good so far, I can't imagine what would cause the issue. Do you have pay pal?

I wouldn't dream of it! I'm going to argue the case when I go to collect it - I think I can also appeal.

Even if I can't, the charges are pay back, lol. The number of HUGE parcels I've had from swappers? I also order most of my fabric from the US and usually it slips through without charge, so it's 'poetic justice' :D

Belfrybat 09-13-2013 10:31 AM

So.... did you get the package? Did you have to pay customs? What was in it? Inquiring (make that nosey) minds want to know!

Knitette 09-13-2013 10:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 6291536)
So.... did you get the package? Did you have to pay customs? What was in it? Inquiring (make that nosey) minds want to know!

Lol! Yes, yes and see picture below.
Buslady sent magazines, fabric, tools, socks, coasters and my most wanted - a McKenna Ryan pattern. Thank you Onalee.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]435834[/ATTACH]

Belfrybat 09-16-2013 05:25 AM

Nice package! You done good (that's a Texas expression).

Ladybug 1938 09-17-2013 05:54 AM

No package yet... Gail ( Sweetwaterquilter) is in the hospital, had extensive surgery, anyone wishing to send her a card PM me and I will give you her address... She will be in the hospital for about 5 days.. Thanks

quiltingdragon 09-17-2013 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6292468)
Lol! Yes, yes and see picture below.
Buslady sent magazines, fabric, tools, socks, coasters and my most wanted - a McKenna Ryan pattern. Thank you Onalee.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]435834[/ATTACH]

Great package. I think I'm going to invest in that McKenna Ryan pattern if I am good and get some UFO's done.

Belfrybat 09-17-2013 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 (Post 6298708)
No package yet... Gail ( Sweetwaterquilter) is in the hospital, had extensive surgery, anyone wishing to send her a card PM me and I will give you her address... She will be in the hospital for about 5 days.. Thanks

Sorry to hear this. I thought everyone had received from August. I imagine you've been very lonely on that bench all by yourself. If you'd said something earlier, I'm sure several of us would have joined you. Here -- I'm passing you a Texas Cowpatty cookie. (Yum!)

Lori Peercy 09-17-2013 09:15 AM

I think that Ladybug posted on the wrong thread. She has received her August package.

buslady 09-19-2013 11:29 AM

I'm curious. Knittette said she didn't know what the tools were that I sent. How many use a "hemostat" in their sewing? I love mine. Works almost like a third hand when you need to hold something, and I have very fat fingers and acrylic nails, so they are great for getting into tight spots!! The fishermen in the family, and there are many, have them to help get the hooks out. (hopefully from the fish, LOL). The other is a pair of tweezers, but work in reverse of the usual. Squeeze to release. Just found them at a sale and bought several pair, as I thought they would come in handy for much the same things!!

Lori Peercy 09-19-2013 12:57 PM

I don't know of anyone else, I use them for fishing. I use my purple thang or stiletto.