Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   August 2020 to October 2020 Table Runner Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/august-2020-october-2020-table-runner-swap-t312293.html)

CarolinePaj 02-01-2021 05:53 PM

Hi Ladies,

I will be posting a new swap as long as Marion (who is still waiting from the last one) doesn't object. She knows that it was Sue who has sent to her and that it is probably delayed due to Covid. I will email Marion in the morning and ask her if she is okay with starting a new swap.

Please all keep safe and well.

Hugs

Caroline x

m-fay 02-02-2021 12:00 AM

No worries! Today ,it arrived! I have just taken a photo and will post a pic as soon as I open it.

m-fay 02-02-2021 12:37 AM

My runner from Sue

2 Attachment(s)
It quite made my day, receiving this beautiful runner from Sue and the goodies to go with it. Elastic (which I forgot to buy in town to make a skirt for my canary cage.....they are messy little blighters) gadgets to keep bobbin and cotton reels together and fabric ,..I can see mug rugs here. Love it all Sue and well worth the wait. Our SW corner of west Aust is in lockdown again with a security guard catching Covid from a returning overseas passenger in quarantine. 5 days to start with and extended if he's passed it on to anyone else. Thank you so much Sue and sorry you had to stress about it but I knew it would get here eventually .

Blueridgebeverly 02-02-2021 02:37 AM

Sue, that is spectacular! It looks very difficult and intricate. Marion, you’re so right ..... it was worth the wait!

I’m so happy you guys are remaining healthy and well. Just when you think things will be better with the vaccines available .... we get variants.

i didn’t mean to communicate impatience .... I just miss you guys.

R-sea 02-02-2021 08:11 AM

Sue your runner to Marion is lovely

Northern Sue 02-02-2021 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Marion I am glad you received it! This is certainly a very unique time isn't it? No real sign of improvement here - one day numbers are down a bit, and next day right back up there. Significant curtailment on travel as of this week, international and inter provincial so I think that is going to make a huge difference. Our vaccine rollout is on hold for at least 2 weeks as the companies have cut our deliveries significantly - reason? building/expanding production; more of it seems to be re-directed to US. None is produced in our country so we are at mercy of these providers, just like everyone else.
So I sew/piece quilts almost every day; practice on my new longarm (its like being a newbie all over!!!!) and I signed up for the 2021 Aurifil Colour Builders program, about endangered species. This is a one year program, with one block released each month - foundation paper pieced pattern and machine embroidery pattern. Included are 3 colour appropriate spools of 40wt aurifil thread. January was the Sumatran Elephant, so I'm including my FPP block for you to see. Not quilted as I'm not sure whether I will do individual mini quilts or one large quilt when done.
Attachment 631419

lawsonmugs 02-02-2021 05:01 PM

That runner is so pretty. Glad you finally got it. Sue I just love greys with any bright color. It's always a pretty contrast. Very nice job. Hope to see ya all on the next swap.

R-sea 02-02-2021 05:43 PM

Love your elephant Sue . The post is a problem Now that Marion has received her runner from Canada I may receive a post card from Canada posted last October

m-fay 02-04-2021 09:41 PM

Wow Sue that elephant is awsome. Are you liking the long arm too?

Northern Sue 02-07-2021 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by m-fay (Post 8458433)
Wow Sue that elephant is awsome. Are you liking the long arm too?

I am indeed enjoying Moxie! although to be honest, I'm still just practicing! lol I'm hoping to finish off an ugly lap quilt I'm doing & then it's going to meet Moxie! I'm shopping for different threads as Aurifil and Gutermann are both very linty! Wow! In the meantime I'm using what I have lol
My elephant turned out well. I think February is a red Panda but we haven't received the files yet.