Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   August Doll Swap (BACK TO SCHOOL) (Dotee or Regular Dolls) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/august-doll-swap-back-school-dotee-regular-dolls-t22643.html)

wvdek 08-03-2009 08:45 PM

Call me indecisive, but I really did not like the doll I completed even tho DH said it looked like me as a kid. So....am working on two new ones. Sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:

Will try and have them in the mail by Thursday or Friday.
Still somewhat sick and get pooped out easily. Sleeping alot.

Sorry ladies. :roll:

Quilt4u 08-04-2009 01:31 AM

Just take care of yourself. I'm sure your first dolls look just fine. Hope you feel better real soon.

wvdek 08-04-2009 08:42 AM

Thanks Quilt4u. I felt well enough this morn to go pick blueberries. Nice and quiet time to reflect and pray. Then I started coughing, pooped out, and went home.. Resting again.
Will work on dolls later. Thanks for your concern.

sapdoggie 08-04-2009 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Thanks Quilt4u. I felt well enough this morn to go pick blueberries. Nice and quiet time to reflect and pray. Then I started coughing, pooped out, and went home.. Resting again.
Will work on dolls later. Thanks for your concern.

Fresh berries- YUMMY.
Now you have a good treat to eat after resting.

Have fun with the dolls, but rest first. I'm off to work and then home to put my ideas together.

Have a good today.

sapdoggie 08-04-2009 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie
Yomousey and Ruth Camp.I am having a lapse of creativity today. Will work again tomorrow to get your surprises done. My ideas don't want to cooperate with the finished product. Hang on - they will come.

sapdoggie- thinking some more

Getting closer- just have to decide what fabric to use. I have the accessories picked out.

Curious :wink: :wink: :wink:

wvdek 08-04-2009 08:07 PM

Thanks sapdoggie. I did rest and completed my dolls. I'm afraid they are a bit older and traditional. No far out stuff. Been a long time since I did anything like them, but I did have fun.
If I'm up to it, DH & DD are off to the 'big' city tomorrow and I may join them. DD wants to go to Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann's. I may have to see if there is any fabric I need :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:
Will mail the girls out in the morning. Tootles.

sapdoggie 08-05-2009 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Thanks sapdoggie. I did rest and completed my dolls. I'm afraid they are a bit older and traditional. No far out stuff. Been a long time since I did anything like them, but I did have fun.
If I'm up to it, DH & DD are off to the 'big' city tomorrow and I may join them. DD wants to go to Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann's. I may have to see if there is any fabric I need :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:
Will mail the girls out in the morning. Tootles.

Of course there is fabric you "need". I work at Hobby Lobby in the fabric department, and get to open the boxes first :!: :!: :!:

PS old and traditional are good- we must carry on to teach the "young'ins" how history was made.

Knot Sew 08-05-2009 05:13 AM

Yomousey and wvdek check your mail box they should be close today.....or tomorrow

I hope you can post a picture when they get there cause I forgot again :D

Knot Sew 08-05-2009 05:16 AM

Of course there is fabric you "need". I work at Hobby Lobby in the fabric department, and get to open the boxes first .................. quote from sapdoggie

PS old and traditional are good- we must carry on to teach the "young'ins" how history was made

sapdoggie...you work there, how lucky can you get

sapdoggie 08-05-2009 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
Of course there is fabric you "need". I work at Hobby Lobby in the fabric department, and get to open the boxes first .................. quote from sapdoggie

PS old and traditional are good- we must carry on to teach the "young'ins" how history was made

sapdoggie...you work there, how lucky can you get

And they actually pay me to play in the fabric :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have a loyal and pleasant group of customers who make it a pleasant job.