Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/august-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-july-31st-4pm-cst-t195514.html)

Vanogay 07-30-2012 05:21 AM

Didn't realize how many pages on the post I had missed. Have been so busy... Have been working at the county fair this past weekend and will work through Wednesday. Then all of the judging will be done and the fair itself opens on Thursday. I'm off for a day or so. Then, I have to be there on Monday night to get stuff ready for my breakfast on Tuesday morning - I'm feeding 100 seniors breakfast (biscuits and gravy, tomatoes, sausage links, juice and coffee). I haven't had time to go sew since last Friday and it will be perhaps another week before I can get time to go down and even LOOK at the sewing room!!
Ladies - all of you are the greatest bunch of gals I've had the pleasure to be with. Your collective senses of humor (and yes Lori, even the gripping we get into) really keeps my spirits up. In all the slow times and in all the busy, busy times, thanks to ALL of you for being part of my life.

Elisabrat 07-30-2012 07:58 AM

I am envious! I miss fairs Kathleen. Have fun for me. I can not walk any real distance any longer so fairs are off limits. Ah that healthy food, fried artichoke hearts or Italian sausage sandwich or maybe just checking out the quilts (ah the quilts).. I love the animal section too... now you have me thinking fairs. Thank you. Its a good memory. The not being able to see your sewing room would have me in withdrawals big time. Forget sleep, get in there and at least touch the stuff!
oh and that gorgeous heart quilt.. wow. I didn't know you had to get permission to show once you bought the pattern. Does everyone know that? where was I when that rule came out? I think if you accidentally hijacked the pattern yeah that would make some sense but once you make it from a purchased item isnt it yours now? your fabric choices.. your investment of time and creativitity? learn something everyday here.

TOOMANYUFO'S 07-30-2012 11:22 AM

Elisabrat a couple of years ago they started enforcing the copyright laws or made more laws or both. Since then, the State quilt show will not show any quilt that does not have written permission to do so. The designer always gets recognition, but that was not enough. I think the designers are a little upset with some of the laws because it adds more paper work and more emails for them to go through. Bonnie Hunter gives everyone permission to show items made from her patterns on her blog. By us showing the items it brings more business to back to them. I can't imagine a designer not giving permission. Just one more foolish thing we have to do.

Krystyna 07-30-2012 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser (Post 5400624)
Off topic (sorry): We have been talking about dropping the fortune it costs to get one of the nice Food Savers (by nice, of course, I mean expensive because a huge price tag totally = quality!). Do you find yourself using it a lot? Was it worth the investment? Do you reuse your bags? How do you clean them? Dishwasher? (I don't do hand-washing).

I use it constantly. And I do reuse some of the bags.
As for the expense ... I got mine for free.
We were out walking the dogs one evening and I saw a man putting out a food saver box by the curb.
I said .... OOOOO! A food saver. I've always wanted one.
He said Merry Christmas. Here you go!
Turns out his wife was a writer for a food magazine and got it as a sample.
She didn't want it. So ... he threw it out!!!
Hooray for crazy people!

Krystyna 07-30-2012 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by stitchingpost (Post 5400784)
And newbies,she is one of many reason you want to check out the site,cause she is one of many nuts on here ,you got to live her

What site? I wanna check it out too!!!

Krystyna 07-30-2012 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S (Post 5401327)
I guess I'll play again this month. DD and I got 3rd place ribbons for quilts we entered in the State quilt show. I'll pm Lori with my info

That's wonderful! Send them to your SP!

Krystyna 07-30-2012 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer (Post 5401707)
I'm already excited and it isn't even August yet!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352034[/ATTACH]

Faye. Love, love, love your new do!

fayzer 07-30-2012 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5406413)
Faye. Love, love, love your new do!

Hehe, looks like she stuck her finger in the electrical socket.

Krystyna 07-30-2012 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer (Post 5406487)
Hehe, looks like she stuck her finger in the electrical socket.

Are you now referring to yourself as "she"? Sort of like the royals?

quiltnut4ever 07-30-2012 04:29 PM

Good evening everyone. Had some catching up to do here and had a few oohs and ahhs! TOOMANYUFOS those are beautiful quilts, congratulations! Anastasia, don't give up! It took me 7 yrs. raising a family, working and getting my BA in Criminal Justice and finally got it in 2005. There is light at the end of the tunnel! Sharon-Anne, so true for me also. Though I just wished I wouldn't kept on going into law school. But I'm happy where I am now and hopefully with another 8 yrs. I'll retire. Can't wait till the SP names are given...my sewing room is ready to roll this weekend after unpacking and am done! So I need to make something special for her/him? What would do that be? Goodnight everyone :)