Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/august-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-july-31st-4pm-cst-t195514.html)

Anastasia 07-30-2012 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lookie what I found for the box 'o plenty.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]352560[/ATTACH]

Wonder who's gonna get it..

Havplenty 07-30-2012 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia (Post 5406909)
Lookie what I found for the box 'o plenty.....

Wonder who's gonna get it..

~ shoooooes!!!! yay!!!:D me, me, me!!!!!

~ louise so many mags. wow. i have one gift subscription now quilter's newsletter. have you thought about scanning the patterns you want to keep and rehoming the mags? i have been decluttering myself and scanning everything include old bank statements, mags including patterns i bought with intentions of rehoming the patterns. good luck with your streamlining.

~ great another finished ocra bay mystery quilt and it won a ribbon. congratulations on the quilt wins.

~ i am still without central air. after charging it twice, the techs determined there was a leak in the coils somewhere but could not get in the attic to the unit sooooo....it is not fixed and the rest of the week is to be a scorcher. oooh i cannot wait.:p

Crafty Darlene 07-30-2012 05:13 PM

Too cute Anastasia! Love it! It could certainly come to my house!

Nexxus831 07-30-2012 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5406402)
I use it constantly. And I do reuse some of the bags.
As for the expense ... I got mine for free.
We were out walking the dogs one evening and I saw a man putting out a food saver box by the curb.
I said .... OOOOO! A food saver. I've always wanted one.
He said Merry Christmas. Here you go!
Turns out his wife was a writer for a food magazine and got it as a sample.
She didn't want it. So ... he threw it out!!!
Hooray for crazy people!

Oh what model is your food saver? Are you happy with it? I want to go with something but have been so unsure since I got burned on a generic brand one that did not work at all. Thx for your help

Crafty Darlene 07-30-2012 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 (Post 5407111)
Oh what model is your food saver? Are you happy with it? I want to go with something but have been so unsure since I got burned on a generic brand one that did not work at all. Thx for your help

Melinda, hope you don't mind if I chime in ... I have the Foodsaver brand and it works just great. My husband even seals his ammo with it. I also use some of my bags again! I never thought about using it with my flat rate boxes or envelopes. Thanks Krystyna for the great idea!

Nexxus831 07-30-2012 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene (Post 5407192)
Melinda, hope you don't mind if I chime in ... I have the Foodsaver brand and it works just great. My husband even seals his ammo with it. I also use some of my bags again! I never thought about using it with my flat rate boxes or envelopes. Thanks Krystyna for the great idea!

Is there a model number on your Foodsaver? I think they have different models of them. Thank you for giving me the recommendation. The feedback is wonderful since it is a pretty hefty investment

Knitette 07-30-2012 11:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
La, la.......La, la, la, laaaa............ Who's been shopping? La, la.......La, la, la, laaaa............

[ATTACH=CONFIG]352634[/ATTACH]

cannyquilter 07-31-2012 02:58 AM

Looking good, am going into town today so will look for some local goodies.

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 5407516)
La, la.......La, la, la, laaaa............ Who's been shopping? La, la.......La, la, la, laaaa............

[ATTACH=CONFIG]352634[/ATTACH]

quiltnut4ever 07-31-2012 03:09 AM

Anastasia that shoe bag has Krystyna's name all over it! lol!

Krystyna 07-31-2012 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Nexxus831 (Post 5407481)
Is there a model number on your Foodsaver? I think they have different models of them. Thank you for giving me the recommendation. The feedback is wonderful since it is a pretty hefty investment

I can't get to it right now, but it looks like the V2840. It came with some canisters and a hose to vacuum seal jars as well. I love it. It's also great for marinating meats. The vacuuming gets the flavors in there like no other method.