Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/august-secret-pal-swap-closed-t139367.html)

Lori Peercy 08-01-2011 07:57 AM

Hi everyone, had to take a minute and answer NormaBeth's question then it is back to giving out secret pals! I do not go alphabetically I print out a list and make a copy then cut names out into little strips and put into a baggie so each baggie has the same names in each one. Then I draw one from one baggie and one from the other one and that's how you are assigned your sp! Then it is a matter of finding your name on the matrix, copy it then find your sp on the list and paste it and send a pm to you. THAT is what takes so long!

Back to work now!!

candi 08-01-2011 08:27 AM

Lori, you are doing a fabulous job! We all truly appreciate you taking the time to do this for all of us.

Just got back from a little shopping trip for my SP. Hint: Got some fall fabrics in browns and golds and some Christmas fabric as these are your favorite colors and favorite holiday,pal. Do you know who you are?? :?: :mrgreen: :lol:

Now hopefully I can make what I am planning on making today and off in the mail it goes tomorrow!

Now, who has Florida :?: :?: :mrgreen: :XD: :thumbup:

Krystyna 08-01-2011 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Normabeth
Hi Lori
I am new to quilting and do not understand what is being swapped?
Please PM me.
Thanks
NormaBeth

NormaBeth, you can take a look at the photos of the packages received last month. That should give you an idea of some of the things that are sent. When you get your partner's information, you'll see what they like and what they don't. Then start putting your package together. There is a $10 limit that doesn't include postage. I usually spend that on candy and little gifts and then supplement with items from my gigantic stash of goodies.

Needless to say, don't contact your partner and say "I'm your secret pal." :D

Don't forget to include a little card with your board ID so the person can thank you.

Also be sure to PM Lori to let her know that your package has been sent out. You can also include the tracking information.

August is a really busy month for a lot of us whether it is vacation time, back to school preps, or, like me, harvesting and canning and wine making. To avoid hurt feelings, I'd recommend getting your package together and into the mail ASAP. No one enjoys looking into an empty mail box day after day -- especially if that person has already sent out a thoughtful package to her secret pal.

Then ... you can start lurking and figuring out if the packages being sent out are for you ... and dropping little hints and clues so others can puzzle over them.

Have fun!

starshine 08-01-2011 08:56 AM

Thank you Lori for all the work and effort you put in to organize and host the swap! Hope your Monday and Tuesday are restful days for you, or at least not as stressful as getting us partnered up (is that a word?).

Lori Peercy 08-01-2011 09:16 AM

I have hit a snag, could everyone who wanted 2 sps please send me a private message pleaseeeee

Cheri_J 08-01-2011 10:30 AM

I got my SP! I've done some shopping and just a little more searching through my stash and I should be good to go! This is so exciting!

mimom 08-01-2011 10:40 AM

I got both my sp's one is east and one is west, they gave very good descriptions in their likes and I am going to make something special for both of them. Cant wait to get started, but I have to do some houseworks first.

ok, so 30 more min in the pool then house work, I can plot my designs while sunning myself, yeh that sounds justified :)

Krystyna 08-01-2011 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by mimom
I got both my sp's one is east and one is west, they gave very good descriptions in their likes and I am going to make something special for both of them. Cant wait to get started, but I have to do some houseworks first.

ok, so 30 more min in the pool then house work, I can plot my designs while sunning myself, yeh that sounds justified :)

East! It's me! YAY! Hurry up and clean. I want my stuff. :mrgreen:

mimom 08-01-2011 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna

Originally Posted by mimom

East! It's me! YAY! Hurry up and clean. I want my stuff. :mrgreen:

nope not you, but then again if it was I wouldn't tell ya anyway.

mimom 08-01-2011 11:05 AM

one posts on here about the swap and one doesn't