Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/azaleas-%96-2-month-boom-group-thread-t317342.html)

Janice McC 01-31-2022 03:54 AM

Happy news! Terriamn’s original package has been tracked in SC! It’s on its way.

GramE 01-31-2022 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8534497)
Happy news! Terriamn’s original package has been tracked in SC! It’s on its way.

Hooray! Hooray!

terriamn 01-31-2022 06:38 AM

Double hurrah plus I will be ready for the next boom. One set of 19 replacement fabric pieces were washed, ironed, cut and in their baggies. Second set only needed 6 more cut, didn’t have as much fabric as I thought.

GramE 01-31-2022 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8534535)
Double hurrah plus I will be ready for the next boom. One set of 19 replacement fabric pieces were washed, ironed, cut and in their baggies. Second set only needed 6 more cut, didn’t have as much fabric as I thought.

why does it seem like we should get more eights than we do? I had my first cut then realized I didn’t have enough. Now a quilt back will be those fat eighths pieced back together!

Macybaby 01-31-2022 08:17 AM

Janice - I love that pattern! I've been looking at the accumulation of scraps I've got, and figured it's time to start using them.

Janice McC 01-31-2022 08:23 AM

Macybaby, Glad you like it! Quiltville.com has dozens of scrappy free patterns in addition to the ones she sells. The Carolina Chain blocks are very simple and easy to get a lot done in little time.

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8534560)
Janice - I love that pattern! I've been looking at the accumulation of scraps I've got, and figured it's time to start using them.

sewbizgirl 01-31-2022 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8534497)

Yay, we will be playing with blocks soon!

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 8534559)
why does it seem like we should get more eights than we do? I had my first cut then realized I didn’t have enough. Now a quilt back will be those fat eighths pieced back together!

I feel the same way, GramE. Fat 1/8ths are big pieces and they eat up the fabric fast.

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8534560)

Ooh, I have a little drawer full of 2" squares I could sort and use for that quilt. Thanks for the link Janice. I've made several of her free patterns (and mysteries!) but I never noticed that one.

Janice McC 02-01-2022 01:11 PM

Terriamn’s package finally arrived. Woo hoo!

sewbizgirl 02-01-2022 01:58 PM

Hi All,
For those of you who remember Givio who did a Boom with us not too many swaps ago, she passed away today from cancer. She had been sick since about 2020. She is finally home. Please pray for her loved ones if you are a praying person.

hav4boys 02-01-2022 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8534814)
Hi All,
For those of you who remember Givio who did a Boom with us not too many swaps ago, she passed away today from cancer. She had been sick since about 2020. She is finally home. Please pray for her loved ones if you are a praying person.

Is there an address to send a card to her family?