Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Azaleas – 2 month Boom Group Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/azaleas-%96-2-month-boom-group-thread-t317342.html)

Janice McC 02-07-2022 05:16 AM

Good morning. RebaQuilts, love your teapot for GramE. Macybaby, I second the comment that you are so organized. I don't have the patience to cut and cut. I like to cut out a dozen or so, then sew them then cut some more. It's not an efficient way to work but it's the only way I can get through it. Sewbizgirl, you did a lovely job on Givio's I Spy quilt top.

It's going to be a cloudy day here today and only in the 40s. Good day for sewing. Hope you all have a pleasant day.

Annaquilts 02-07-2022 07:41 AM

Reba, what a lovely teapot. All your blocks are wonderful and creative.

terriamn 02-07-2022 08:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A block for me, would like blocks to be winter themed.

Rebaquilts 02-07-2022 09:10 AM

Wow Sewbiz that I-spy for Givio's granddaughter is really wonderful. I love the girly colors you picked for the sashing. It looks like it took a lot of fussy cutting. You and Macybaby are the queens of cutting right now ;-) and you are a great friend.

sewbizgirl 02-07-2022 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rebaquilts (Post 8535938)
Wow Sewbiz that I-spy for Givio's granddaughter is really wonderful. I love the girly colors you picked for the sashing. It looks like it took a lot of fussy cutting. You and Macybaby are the queens of cutting right now ;-) and you are a great friend.

Thank you Reba. I didn't actually choose any of that fabric or do much cutting. Givio's granddaughter chose the pink and purple. Givio had it all cut and ready to sew. I was just finishing up her work, the first of several. I know it will mean a lot to her family to have quilts she intended for them, and really, the projects help me deal with her loss. We 'talked' several times a week for the past several years, and I can 'talk' to her and still feel close to her while I'm working up her quilts. I'll be sad when I finish them all.

Thanks for your compliments.

sewbizgirl 02-07-2022 11:08 AM

Great winter block, Terri!

sewbizgirl 02-07-2022 04:57 PM

I made two this afternoon, both for Terri. I am disappointed in the second one, I think because the fabric I paired with hers is too close in value to the fabric she sent. So the star doesn't show up properly. :(

I may change out the square with the pine tree with moon behind it. I think that is what is throwing it off.

Janice McC 02-07-2022 04:58 PM

Had a couple of questions about blocks and “the rules”. Please do make an effort to adhere to the color requests you receive. Not everyone will have color requests though so you’re free to choose your own scheme. Select fabrics you feel complement the owner’s f8. And blocks are completely the maker’s choice. You should make what you want to make, what you are comfortable making, and in the style you wish to make it whether it be traditionally pieced, appliqué, paper pieced, sewn by machine or hand sewn. Anyone with additional questions, please feel free to email me. Thanks!

Have a pleasant evening.

sewbizgirl 02-07-2022 05:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the photo:

hav4boys 02-07-2022 08:35 PM

Mine arrived and all are accounted for. Sad I cannot stay them until after vacation