Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Batik Block Swap 12.5 - Signups thru 5-31-13 - Due 7-31-13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/batik-block-swap-12-5-signups-thru-5-31-13-due-7-31-13-a-t218860.html)

TheMamaHauser 05-08-2013 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6051924)
Also Kelly I adore your cream beige batiks. you have a superb collection of them. send the scraps to me! you know Jaba and I were checking them out in the quilt store yesterday unable to find your color tones.. both of us looked because you enticed us. where did you find them they ware warmer beige I think or its the computer that deceives us.

I'm trying to remember. The brown/tan print set I got a few weeks ago. The set I posted along with it (kind of looks like a pin wheel) is purples and then the light color on the outside is a blue with pink/purple streaks - those were all purchased at Big Sky Quilts here in Great Falls. I'm not sure if they have an online store. The very first set, the cream/tan background print I bought more than a year ago at The Quilting Hen in Carter, MT. They sell online so you've got a chance they still have some available. Around here, they've got the biggest selection of batiks.

Annaquilts 05-08-2013 12:19 PM

I just send a pm to tracibug to sign up since I bought a big pile of batiks. I am also willing to do the final swap if tracibug needs me to help out. July and August are very low key months for me and I have nothing going on. I am signed up and have the fabrics and all I need to do is pick out block patterns. Picking block designs is almost as much fun to me as the piecing.:D

happylab 05-08-2013 08:18 PM

Thank-you Tracibug for organizing this block swap. I really enjoy Batiks fabric and look forward to all the different block patterns. Please sign me up for 2 groups.

mom-6 05-08-2013 10:47 PM

Looking good folks! Glad some of you have more time for sewing than I do right now. Can't even seem to get into my studio for more than a few minutes lately. Being busy is great up to a point, but I'm feeling quilting withdrawal!

Elisabrat 05-09-2013 01:09 AM

ok Annaquilts convinced me to not give up. so here I stay :) (or is that an oh no moment). I have a couple smaller projects to finish and relief will zoom in. then I can whip up my sets. whip it good ... ah singing at 2 in the morning..

Annaquilts 05-09-2013 12:11 PM

Woo hoo Linda! Batiks are so pretty that even more basic blocks look stunning. It will be fun to get a nice big group of quilt board buddies swapping. I plan to do all 6 sets and hope to get atleast one block from people participating. I am looking forward to seeing everyones blocks. This is so much fun. I skipped out on the 10 1/2 inch block swap because of the size. There were some pretty blocks in there too, actually all of them were great.

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6053519)
ok Annaquilts convinced me to not give up. so here I stay :) (or is that an oh no moment). I have a couple smaller projects to finish and relief will zoom in. then I can whip up my sets. whip it good ... ah singing at 2 in the morning..

tracibug 05-09-2013 01:32 PM

Ok, here's the list of who has signed up so far....

Mariposa - 6 sets
Elisabrat - 3 sets
Jaba - 6 sets
Createfourpaws - 6 sets
Squires1042 - 6 sets
Ljdugas31 - 3 sets
Annemixon - 6 sets
TheMamaHauser - 6 sets
khuxford - 1 set
happylab - 2 sets
annaquilts - 6 sets

If I have forgotten anyone, please let me know but it is rounding out to be a nice group. 57 sets so far so the conference room will be full to sort with this time!!

tracibug 05-09-2013 01:36 PM

Oooh yeah... and if anyone is interested in swapping batik 2.5" strips send me a note... then put 6 strips in a bag and send those with your blocks. I will swap those out as well, up to ten bags.

createfourpaws 05-09-2013 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by tracibug (Post 6054891)
Oooh yeah... and if anyone is interested in swapping batik 2.5" strips send me a note... then put 6 strips in a bag and send those with your blocks. I will swap those out as well, up to ten bags.

I love this. I will be sending you a pm for this. fun.

DustysMomma 05-09-2013 04:39 PM

I'm trying to get my gumption up so I can sign up for this. I haven't forgotten! I'm still stalking you guys!