Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Batik Block Swap 12.5 - Signups thru 5-31-13 - Due 7-31-13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/batik-block-swap-12-5-signups-thru-5-31-13-due-7-31-13-a-t218860.html)

mom-6 04-28-2013 04:54 AM

Oh Cindy! You did very well! And thanks for the info on that shop. I'm going to have to check it out. Light colored batiks have not come my way very often.

createfourpaws 04-28-2013 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6 (Post 6030973)
Oh Cindy! You did very well! And thanks for the info on that shop. I'm going to have to check it out. Light colored batiks have not come my way very often.

all their fabrics are the same price, until May 1st they are 9.25 yd, they are going up to 9.75 yd May 1st. Everything i bought was in their sale room, which was 7.75 yd. with 1/2 yard minimum. I loved that I didn't have to worry how much this one was or that one was. All but one of the fabrics I bought was from the sale room. They have an awesome selection from light to dark plus the wide backs.

Elisabrat 04-29-2013 06:59 AM

I think today if I can squeeze things in between carpet shampoo I might make a half set .. I am good for three blocks a day max. I get tired pretty quick. I am going to mix things up a bit with my colors but that is what life is all about.. mix it up, stir it together an there you have it! tada! PS everyone if each of you post once a day or as much as you can this will move to the first page andyou wont have to go searching it out! Traci that applies to you too :)

tracibug 04-29-2013 12:26 PM

Cindy - I love the fabrics you picked up.

I recently acquired a few from a shop that was closing so my batik stash ever groweth... I loooooooooove the batiks. Brights, earth tones, all of them...

Elisabrat - you'll be proud, I finished another item DAYS early!!! Muah ha ha... now I can keep playing catch up.

Mariposa 04-29-2013 02:16 PM

great fabrics Cindy! Love the colors!!

brat--it's all good! ;)

DustysMomma 04-29-2013 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6033642)
PS everyone if each of you post once a day or as much as you can this will move to the first page andyou wont have to go searching it out! Traci that applies to you too :)

Until then, you can go to the top and click on "thread tools" then "subscribe to thread" and then when you click "settings" at the very top of the page, if anything's been posted, it'll be on the list that comes up. If you want to see it when it's not on that list, just click "quick links" and "subscribed threads" and the full list will come up. Then the ones that have new comments will be in bold. :)

TheMamaHauser 04-29-2013 06:17 PM

I finished two more sets yesterday. I'll have to try and remember to take some pictures tomorrow & post them. I am doing anything I possibly can to avoid finishing my work for the semester.

tracibug 04-29-2013 10:43 PM

I did that with my homework too... All the way to the last day of the term for my last class needed to finish my degree.... Phew! It's only been 2 months and I remember it like yesterday... Stick with it though!!!

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser (Post 6034948)
I finished two more sets yesterday. I'll have to try and remember to take some pictures tomorrow & post them. I am doing anything I possibly can to avoid finishing my work for the semester.

Elisabrat 05-01-2013 04:01 PM

Kelly is our resident wiz so she will be fine just hit her on facebook she was.. finishing a final!! yahoo!! yipppeee better you than me!!

I am on a mission to find a cream batik like I saw posted here so versatile yet when I look they are too yellow or too brown or argh.. guess its a hands on thing. Never got started so many projects where goes the time? not into this week at all. how sucky is that? tomorrow I will focus on sorting my table runner swap partners.. so when the time comes I am ready to go! oh joy! (thisis not the fun part of hosting a swap btw). well off to pull my honey mustard chicken out of the oven .. hope the rice is done and well the rest is ready to go. yeah Brat. finished on time!

TheMamaHauser 05-02-2013 09:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the two sets:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]411333[/ATTACH]
and
[ATTACH=CONFIG]411334[/ATTACH]