Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Batik Block Swap - Round Two -- Sign-up deadline December 31, 2010 - Mailing deadline January 15, 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/batik-block-swap-round-two-sign-up-deadline-december-31-2010-mailing-deadline-january-15-2011-a-t57601.html)

Nancy in Louisiana 10-17-2010 10:39 AM

Seeing all the pix really helps out with picking colors to go with what has already been made. Hope you keep the pix coming.

Dagny 10-18-2010 05:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've had nothing but problems with Golden Wedding Ring. It's not that it was unmanageable to put together. Quite the contrary, it went together well and was beautiful. However, I became frustrated because I just can't get the pp foundations to print at the right size, and I don't want to keep producing blocks I can't use because they're too small.

So, I've selected a different block for this swap. It's Pineapple Star from Quilters Cache. I think it looks a bit Carol Doak-ish. Here's the first one. I plan to do them in different color combinations from my vast stash of batiks.

If I have time to do a second block, I will revisit Golden Wedding Ring, and just draw it in EQ.

Pineapple Star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101586[/ATTACH]

JudyG 10-18-2010 05:54 AM

Beautiful block, Dagny. Love it.

cbridges22 10-18-2010 11:46 AM

So pretty,Dangy.

shaysmema 10-18-2010 01:35 PM

Beautiful block, I want one.

paintmejudy 10-19-2010 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm new to the swap - didn't know about the last batik swap, but am excited to see all the wonderful blocks you all have posted -- such a talented group!

Here is Kalidescope Star. All 12 are made and they are waiting to be sent out, as soon as the mail date is posted. I know, I know, it won't be for a long time yet, and even longer before I get my share of beauties in my anxious hands.

I also am going to do a second set, Galaxy Star. I love paper piecing! :thumbup: :lol:

paintmejudy 10-19-2010 12:35 PM

Wonderful colors, Dagny, so beautiful

Dagny 10-19-2010 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy
I'm new to the swap - didn't know about the last batik swap, but am excited to see all the wonderful blocks you all have posted -- such a talented group!

Here is Kalidescope Star. All 12 are made and they are waiting to be sent out, as soon as the mail date is posted. I know, I know, it won't be for a long time yet, and even longer before I get my share of beauties in my anxious hands.

I also am going to do a second set, Galaxy Star. I love paper piecing! :thumbup: :lol:

I share your love for paper piecing, Judy. You do lovely work. I'll put you down for a second set.

JudyG 10-19-2010 01:37 PM

I love you block, Paintmejudy, and hope I get one.

Nancy in Louisiana 10-20-2010 07:04 AM

Y'all are setting the bar high. Blocks are beautiful!!!