Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Batik Block Swap - Round Two -- Sign-up deadline December 31, 2010 - Mailing deadline January 15, 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/batik-block-swap-round-two-sign-up-deadline-december-31-2010-mailing-deadline-january-15-2011-a-t57601.html)

juliasb 08-11-2010 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished my first set of blocks for this second round of batik blocks. I thought you all might like a glimpse of this set. I thought it would be fun to mix up the colors a little this time around. The block is 'card tricks'. juliasb

I am not a good photographer!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95646[/ATTACH]

Dagny 08-11-2010 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by juliasb
I just finished my first set of blocks for this second round of batik blocks. I thought you all might like a glimpse of this set. I thought it would be fun to mix up the colors a little this time around. The block is 'card tricks'. juliasb

They're very inspiring, Julia. Lovely blocks.

MISHNJIM 08-11-2010 03:44 PM

Both of my favorites....Batiks & the Card Trick block. I did this block with my quilt group also in all Batiks.

purplesharon 08-11-2010 05:16 PM

while searching for a panel i bought some time ago i found some more batik fabric, now the decision of picking a block or two.

bibliostone 08-11-2010 10:40 PM

I love Card Trick. Hope I get one of them. Washed and ironed my batiks today. Seeing your finished blocks is inspiring!

juliasb 08-12-2010 03:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My room mate must think I am crazy leaving a small container of laundry soap at the kitchen sink. I was my batiks by hand then hang them outdoors to dry over the porch rail (I don't have a clothes line any more). Here is a better picture of one of the blocks. I am a terrible photographer. The blocks are not that red or purple. this picture is closer to the colors.

batik card tricks a better picture
[ATTACH=CONFIG]95778[/ATTACH]

Carsey 08-12-2010 05:36 AM

Beautiful colors. I love them.

juliasb 08-14-2010 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished my second set of blocks a moment ago. They are squared up and ready for their labels! This set is all the same. the block is called "Sickle Variation"

I only wish I could take good pictures!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]97369[/ATTACH]

MISHNJIM 08-14-2010 05:50 PM

I sure do like that way you did the colors on that... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

bibliostone 08-14-2010 07:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've started my blocks. While I don't know the name of the block, probably someone here will! The dark fabric will be the same on each, but the lighter color will vary.