Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Birthday Swap 2020/2021 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/birthday-swap-2020-2021-a-t309475.html)

djmat 02-02-2020 04:48 PM

Hi all,
Sent PMs to Barb & Janice with requested info. Have selected 55 new fabrics for this swap while shop hopping across TX on a USAF outing with hubby. Even found a few cute fussy cuts (2.5" squares with a centered pic or stripes on point). Looking forward to doing a project with you during the year to utilize the wonderful charms/candy/squares we've gathered in this & other swaps. So happy to be back in this swap after an absence of a whole year, missed y'all!!!
hugs,
dj

barbarakibler23 02-02-2020 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by djmat (Post 8357300)
Hi all,
Sent PMs to Barb & Janice with requested info. Have selected 55 new fabrics for this swap while shop hopping across TX on a USAF outing with hubby. Even found a few cute fussy cuts (2.5" squares with a centered pic or stripes on point). Looking forward to doing a project with you during the year to utilize the wonderful charms/candy/squares we've gathered in this & other swaps. So happy to be back in this swap after an absence of a whole year, missed y'all!!!
hugs,
dj

Welcome back DJ

djmat 02-03-2020 11:58 AM

Barb, thanks!

NZquilter 02-03-2020 11:59 AM

I plan to start cutting this afternoon. But I have a quick question, if you don't mind? I have some leftover jelly roll strips that have the pinked edges. Is it okay if I cut them down to 2.5" squares to swap out?

WMUTeach 02-03-2020 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter (Post 8357583)
I plan to start cutting this afternoon. But I have a quick question, if you don't mind? I have some leftover jelly roll strips that have the pinked edges. Is it okay if I cut them down to 2.5" squares to swap out?

I sure hope so NZ, because I have the remains :o or should I say remnants of two jelly rolls in my swap plan. I have gotten them before in my packages in previous years. We just need to make sure that they are a true 2.5".

Boop56 02-03-2020 07:53 PM

I have so much fabric. I just gave away 8 trash bags. Ughhhh. I would love just to cut up a bunch of squares and send them to whoever wants them. You can private message ,e your address. Havea fun year ladies.

wesing 02-03-2020 09:21 PM

Hello ladies. Barbara tells me you’ve never had a man in the swap, but 2020 is a new year. Hope I don’t disrupt you too much. I started cutting tonight and have about half my candies cut. I watched the 2019 swap and am looking forward to participating this year.

Darren

djmat 02-03-2020 09:50 PM

Darren, welcome to the swap. We have a lot of fun, make friends, and foster positive attitudes in our quilting projects. You really jumped on the cutting to be ready, that is awesome!
hugs, ( not personal, just my regular signoff to all)
dj

Macybaby 02-04-2020 03:52 AM

Welcome Darren!

I had a lot of fun making a quilt from the candies last year, and am looking forward to making another this year.

LAF2019 02-04-2020 05:06 AM

That's a bright and fun quilt! it has a bargello feel to it