Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 11 - FAST & FURIOUS (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-11-fast-furious-t236363.html)

TheMamaHauser 01-08-2014 04:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]455557[/ATTACH] - Abby's Mom

[ATTACH=CONFIG]455558[/ATTACH] - Terriamn

Difergie 01-08-2014 04:29 PM

Life is not easy...if we knew when were 20 what we know now! Bus lady, prayers for your sister and libster, I know how we miss the love of a pet. Bus lady my son is a 20 year survivor of ca, so keep the faith, it is amazing what they can do now...

jaba 01-08-2014 06:43 PM

Oh libster can totally understand that! I lost a dog that was the love of my life, hubby got another one that thought I would dearly love, not happening in this house. She is his totally but she hates being inside. I'd had enough and not going there again, but I really do know that feeling all to well. HMMMM NC never been there, you don't know how tempting that sounds. Would absolutely love to show up on your doorstep and say "surprise" I'm here!! Wish my hubby would just retire and get it over with but at 63 he's got a little to go, oh yeah I married a younger man since I'm 67....but it works!

moonrise 01-08-2014 06:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hot off the sewing machine! :)

I kinda got on a roll and used the same pattern (Greek Cross) for most of the blocks, with a few Churn Dashes thrown in. Hope nobody minds. The Greek Cross pattern is one of my favorites. :)

Gaijin, LJDugas31, and Terriamn - Your fabrics are particularly stunning! They were yummy enough to eat! he he :thumbup:

Nancia - I went with a turquoise to go with the turquoise accents in the fabric. Yours was a little "out of my box", but that's what makes it fun! :D

Difergie - Love your fabric! I found a nice match to the leaves. :)

GroovyPieces - Very pretty and unusual fabric! Hope I did justice to it. :)

Buslady - I went with a pretty gold that matches some of the small flowers. :)

Libster - Very pretty! :)

Abby'sMom - What a lovely quilt this will be! I went with a blue accent fabric. :)

Jaba - Hope you like it. I wanted to put an ivory batik with it, but all I could find was an ivory that has little peachy/pink and grayish-green swirls. The gray-ish green goes with the green in your fabrics, so I think it turned out okay. In person, it's not quite as pink-y as my photo looks.

Seasaw2mch - Interesting fabric, and quite challenging, too! I finally decided to use a black/gray tonal fabric that has swirls on it. They carry the design on through the block, I think. :)

Joanelizbay - Oooh, pretty! Well, I should say "handsome", I suppose, since it's for a guy! :)

TheMamaHauser - I bet your fabric will make a gorgeous quilt! :)

Bluelady - Fun and funky fabric! I added red with little white polka dots. :)

NanaKathy55 - Lovely fabric! I added a leavy vine accent fabric that matches the leaves. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]455578[/ATTACH]

Difergie 01-08-2014 06:55 PM

Wow...I am impressed!

Libster 01-08-2014 06:56 PM

"Would absolutely love to show up on your doorstep and say "surprise" I'm here!!"

Anytime you hit NC, just give me a call! I would love to have you. We'll go to Mary Jo's and have a ball! I live about 1 1/2 hrs away. If you've never been there, it is fabric heaven. You could fly into Charlotte and be here in no time. Airport's only 25 miles from me. There are more ladies here on the board who are in this area. We'll make a party of it! We all know Mary Jo's well.

jaba 01-08-2014 07:01 PM

moonrise you have been a busy lady also. My block looks great, thank you. Can hardly wait to get these back!!

Libster 01-08-2014 07:04 PM

Good Grief, Moonrise! You mean you are through with all of them?? Talk about being on a roll. Love my block. Thank you . Sure wish I had some of your "get-up-and-go" right now. Job very well done!

jaba 01-08-2014 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 6501645)
"Would absolutely love to show up on your doorstep and say "surprise" I'm here!!"

Anytime you hit NC, just give me a call! I would love to have you. We'll go to Mary Jo's and have a ball! I live about 1 1/2 hrs away. If you've never been there, it is fabric heaven. You could fly into Charlotte and be here in no time. Airport's only 25 miles from me. There are more ladies here on the board who are in this area. We'll make a party of it! We all know Mary Jo's well.

You just don't know how tempting your offer is, I'm so ready for a vacation. Think I must be getting the winter itch! And NO I have never been there before.....Guess I better bring the Visa and the American Express, oh lordy I may be in trouble....:) Just what I need is more fabric, can't even use what I have, think my granddaughter needs to come again a take yards with her.

terriamn 01-08-2014 07:18 PM

Blocks

Oh goodness such pretty blocks, they are all gorgeous

how do you post more then one picture at a time

I can't wait to start mine. I think it takes me longer to find just the right fabric and pick the block then to sew the block

Jaba my hubby is 9 years younger and he doesn't want me to retire, we work at the same company and he loves his job. He just doesn't understand I feel 100% the opposite and ready to retire

terriamn