Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 11 - FAST & FURIOUS (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-11-fast-furious-t236363.html)

Bluelady 12-17-2013 09:12 PM

Terriam.
The story is so real and raw for me. My mom fell last month, on Nov 22, (on my step dad's birthday). Because of her medication, Coumadin, the bleeding in her brain did not stop. She was airlifted to another hospital, but there was nothing they could do. I spoke to my brother and step dad over the phone (they were in Phoenix, I am in Seattle area)and we all agreed. We let her slip away peacefully. Tomorrow, Dec 18, she would have been 90 years old.
I miss her so much.

jaba 12-17-2013 09:35 PM

I feel so bad for both of you, it's such a hard thing to go through. I was there with my Mother also, it's been 19 yrs. but remember it very well. I am so thankful for all of the memories we shared, the conversations, holidays, etc.. You both are truly in my thoughts and prayers.

Gaijin 12-18-2013 03:02 AM

Your new swap partner!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there everyone! I am your new replacement member! I washed, cut, wrapped, and labeled my fabric last night, this morning, and during my lunch hour! Mailed it by Express Mail this afternoon! Would you like a peek?

Gaijin

Janice McC 12-18-2013 03:43 AM

F8 status for the group:

Abby's mom (rec'd)
Bluelady (in transit)
Buslady (in transit)
Country1
Difergie
Gaijin (in transit)
Jaba (rec'd)
Joanelizbay (rec'd)
Libster (rec'd)
Ljdugas (rec'd)
Moonrise (rec'd)
NanaKathy55
Nancia
Seasaw2mch (rec'd)
Terriamn
TheMamaHauser (rec'd)

Just a reminder that all F8s must be in my hands by January 3, 2014 so you must mail soon in order to accomplish this. 2 Day priority is taking up to 5 days right now. Plan for delays!

NanaKathy55 12-18-2013 06:26 AM

Hello Ladies
Just letting you all know that my F8's are in the mail yesterday, and I will post a picture of my fabric later today.
Can't wait to get your fabric to start your blocks

jaba 12-18-2013 06:37 AM

Very pretty Gaijin, love the roses

Janice McC 12-18-2013 06:56 AM

Reminder! I need tracking #'s!

PLEASE don't forget to email me your tracking #s. This is really important right now as I'm hardly home to receive mail and if I know a pkg is coming, I make a point to be there (or have someone else be there) to pick it up.

seasaw2mch 12-18-2013 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 6461427)
Thanks Sea...I bookmarked it this time! Did you happen to get your fabric at 5Bucksayard.com? I have some exactly like that! :)

nope I'm think it was at Hancock's, that's where my granddaughter and I shop when she comes up. Could have been Joann's but not sure. It was one of those two.

Libster 12-18-2013 01:04 PM

Gaijin- beautiful fabric! Can't wait to work with that one.

Janice McC 12-19-2013 04:33 AM

We're moving along nicely!

F8 status for the group:

Abby's mom (rec'd)
Bluelady (in transit)
Buslady (rec'd)
Country1
Difergie (in transit)
Gaijin (in transit)
Jaba (rec'd)
Joanelizbay (rec'd)
Libster (rec'd)