Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 11 - FAST & FURIOUS (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-11-fast-furious-t236363.html)

Difergie 02-05-2014 07:06 AM

Thanks Janice..love seeing them all together!

Janice McC 02-05-2014 07:18 AM

You are welcome!

Originally Posted by Difergie (Post 6556308)
Thanks Janice..love seeing them all together!

jaba 02-05-2014 08:55 AM

Loved the album, blocks look amazing!!

joanelizbay 02-05-2014 10:57 AM

Great job Janice!! Love them all posted together!

terriamn 02-05-2014 07:19 PM

Thanks for making the album Janice. It's great

Terriamn

Bluelady 02-05-2014 11:08 PM

Terriamn! I love the bright colors and the way you framed that dancing parrot right smack dab in the middle! Thank you!!

Abby's Mom 02-07-2014 09:32 AM

Ouch just came back from the Post Office to mail my blocks.....On the way I was thinking to myself & wondered if there was a way to use slightly larger cuts of fabric (bigger than F8's) so that people would be able to do 2 blocks per person instead of 1. I had done that for 3 people in the swap that I had quite a bit of their fabric left over. Being the frugal yankee (read cheap!) that I am I thought this would sort of offset the extra tracking/postage in this type of swap. So instead of approximately $24. for the mailings for 15 blocks (Approx $6.00 each way 4 times) ,maybe this would be more reasonable. Well believe me it's not feasible. I was charged extra because the envelope was over 1#. How about $19.00 - $9.50 each way! So my 15 blocks will end up costing around $31. for this swap! Lesson learned - my blocks are on the way to Janice, and I guess this will end up being my last Swap. I've enjoyed this get together for years, but don't think I can justify the cost of doing this again. It's been fun and I will continue to watch Swaps on the Board. Thank you to all.

Difergie 02-07-2014 10:50 AM

what is really scary is add up what you spent mailing them individually!

TheMamaHauser 02-07-2014 11:56 AM

Did you use a flat rate envelope? A padded flat rate is $5 and change (it went up). AND you can mail those from home, no post office visit needed.

Originally Posted by Abby's Mom (Post 6560779)
Ouch just came back from the Post Office to mail my blocks.....On the way I was thinking to myself & wondered if there was a way to use slightly larger cuts of fabric (bigger than F8's) so that people would be able to do 2 blocks per person instead of 1. I had done that for 3 people in the swap that I had quite a bit of their fabric left over. Being the frugal yankee (read cheap!) that I am I thought this would sort of offset the extra tracking/postage in this type of swap. So instead of approximately $24. for the mailings for 15 blocks (Approx $6.00 each way 4 times) ,maybe this would be more reasonable. Well believe me it's not feasible. I was charged extra because the envelope was over 1#. How about $19.00 - $9.50 each way! So my 15 blocks will end up costing around $31. for this swap! Lesson learned - my blocks are on the way to Janice, and I guess this will end up being my last Swap. I've enjoyed this get together for years, but don't think I can justify the cost of doing this again. It's been fun and I will continue to watch Swaps on the Board. Thank you to all.

Abby's Mom 02-07-2014 01:32 PM

The PO said that it had to priority rate to get tracking - I paid $5.75 for the F8's when I sent them out. She said it had a 1# limit and the package I sent was over 1# so it went to $9.50 each way. I did this swap with my eyes wide open (regarding the new guidelines), so I have no complaints. Just saying I think it will be too rich for my blood to do it again! Paying around $24.00 for 15 blocks is hard to swallow for me.

Mamahauser, I used the tyvek (sp?) envelope. I understand buying the envelope already with prepaid postage, but how does the tracking work? Can you get that prepaid too? Thanks