Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 11 - SLOW & EASY (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-11-slow-easy-t236364.html)

Jannie 03-11-2014 07:19 AM

Ladies, your blocks are wonderful. I should have put more thought into some of my blocks but hope everyone will like them. When I figure out how to post pictures, I will put them on.

buslady 03-11-2014 09:51 AM

Back on Post #422 I posted pictures of my first 6 blocks for this Boom.
As promised, more info!!! First block for Gajim is called "Flock of Geese" from a book called 1000 Blocks
Next for GroovyPieces is called Spinning Pinwheel from the Sew Inspirational design system.
Then Like someone else said, Jannie's fabric reminded me of Kites and so did this pattern, "Confetti", also from 1000 blocks. LJDugas from same book is called "Birds in the Air"
KatsKidinWI is alled "End of the Day", forgot to write it down, but pretty sure it came from that book, too.
And Terriamn is called "Water Wheel" from "Angle Play". I'm really likeing those templates!! Made my own so I could see if I wanted them, I DO! Now to buy them! LOL

buslady 03-11-2014 10:04 AM

10 Attachment(s)
And, here are the rest of my blocks. they will go in tomorrow's mail!
Momahauser is "Wild Goose Chase" from 1000 blocks.
Argentium is "Tornado" from Angle Play
Bee Beatty is "Patch Blossom" from 1000 blocks
Bibliostone is "BuckEye Beauty", also from 1000 blocks
Dungeonquilter is "All Shook Up" by Angle Play
Libster is "Wedding Ring"
NanaKathy55 is from 1000 blocks called "Chevron", but I tweeked it. LOL (goofed)
Nelco is "Patience Corners"
Old Rosebud is "Sppiral Staircase" from Angle Play
and Urgodschild is a simple 9 patch! I wanted those jumping sheep to be front and center.
I hope you all like them as much as I enjoyed making them.

Libster 03-11-2014 11:08 AM

Buslady, thank you . I love my block you've made for me. That "fussy cut" center is perfect for that block. Thanks for swapping with me.

buslady 03-11-2014 02:28 PM

I packaged all my blocks up and they are ready for tomorrows mail!!! Now, on to the "Repeat a Boom".......

terriamn 03-11-2014 03:18 PM

Bibliostone, thanks for the great block. Terriamn

TheMamaHauser 03-11-2014 06:31 PM

I have one more day of work this week and then the plumbers are coming to tear my basement apart. I'm thinking that with a 4 day weekend, I should be more than near finished with the blocks by the time Monday rolls around.

bibliostone 03-11-2014 10:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 6620653)
Bibliostone- love that star for Gaijin.

Thanks, that was the first time making that block and I was pleased with the way it came out.

Here is today's block for Jannie (made with my Straight Out of Line ruler) :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]466782[/ATTACH]

Old_Rosebud 03-12-2014 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by bibliostone (Post 6621986)
Thanks, that was the first time making that block and I was pleased with the way it came out.

This block is perfect for a child's quilt! I love it! Where would I get the ruler you used? And to all - I love all the blocks you have made me and can't wait to get them home. They are going to look great!

Janice McC 03-12-2014 11:47 AM

I really like this block. Fun! I keep learning new things or hearing about new (or new to me anyway) tools on this board. Here's another new one... Thanks, Bibliostone.

Originally Posted by bibliostone (Post 6621986)