Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 14 - April - 3 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-14-april-3-month-group-t257870.html)

Janice McC 05-03-2015 01:15 PM

Still planning to post Boom 15 about the 15th. I'm utterly swamped right now with family stuff but I will do my best to get a Boom going soon. Be looking about mid-month.

Bee Beatty 05-04-2015 06:39 AM

Hi Everyone! Good to be back and checking in here! Sounds like this has been a busy time for everyone.......well...me too! I wouldn't know where to begin! So I won't go back only to report that I have been getting time in on my UFO's and will post photos next weekend for Mother's Day.

Just a brief update: 2 weeks vacation resulted in 5 extra pounds which I could not afford. Let's just say it will long be remembered as the Krispy Kreme Donut vacation :) The garden is in the ground and looking great this week. Planted new flower garden around Mom's sun porch....poppies, coneflowers, columbine, coreopsis and others from seed.
Pool is open and getting things ready for the Boomer's Quilting Retreat in late September.

Those of you who are confirmed and those on the "Send Me Info" list we be receiving an update e-mail from me mid-week. Ready to get back into the planning for this Retreat!

As for next Boom Swap.......I am ready when you are Janice! Would love to read a quick update from all the Boomers out there! Missing my "Keeps Me In Stitches" sisters.

Bee's Buzzin' again! :)

Janice McC 05-11-2015 09:10 AM

Hello everyone! I'm only semi-MIA right now. We're going through a lot in this house, not the least of which is that mom and sis moved in under emergency conditions a few weeks ago. We're all adjusting but since nothing happened according to plan, it's a bit helter-skelter here. Happily, the medical mess has calmed for a bit and I may be almost ready to post the new swap. Honestly, I'd been debating whether I would find the time to do it again but thanks to an unexpected and sweet PM from a swapper a short time ago (you know who you are!), I've decided to throw caution to the wind and go for it. Mind you, my idea of throwing caution to the wind is to check emails only twice a day instead of the usual 3 or 4 times. I may have longer stretches between postings on the dedicated threads, but I'll still be reading them and I may run behind on posting pix. But if you all can stand that, I will post Boom 15 in the next day or two.

terriamn 05-11-2015 12:32 PM

Sounds wonderful Janice then I will have an excuse on not finishing any UFO's hahaha

terriamn 05-13-2015 01:29 PM

Janice was trying to post boom 15 and is having problems. She has a new email address and thinks she might have to have it approved by administration to post the boom. She will post the next boom as soon as the problems are taken care of.

Janice McC 05-13-2015 03:52 PM

Thanks for your help Terri. That's exactly what was needed approval and confirmation of my new email address. Done and done so I'll be posting the Boom this evening.

Please note the NEW ADDRESS to send emails to. It will be in the Sign-up form.

Janice McC

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7194652)
Janice was trying to post boom 15 and is having problems. She has a new email address and thinks she might have to have it approved by administration to post the boom. She will post the next boom as soon as the problems are taken care of.

Billi 06-08-2015 07:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi kids just wanted to share my progress on my boom 14 quilt. This is the first 4 of 7 rows. I've been staring at it for awhile now my original plan it was going to be sashed with chocolate brown, it just didn't work. Actually it was....... well it was kind of sad and ugly haha. . So I rethought it and decided on this cream and white dandelion fabric and I think it's much happier and no longer sad and ugly. I'm still debating on borders. I have plenty of the print but I kind of want to do more than just a regular border. I just don't know what. .

Any good Idea?

My goal is to have the flimsy finished before the f8s for the next boom arrive.

travelinggramma 07-29-2015 03:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finished - so happy with all my blocks. Thank you one and all. Decided to go all Teal and white. Found a teal and green batik for the back. Took me a long time to get the binding on with this heat!!

joanelizbay 07-29-2015 06:36 PM

That's a really pretty quilt!! Your pet seems to like it too! lol