Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-18-sign-ups-now-open-t284275.html)

sewbizgirl 12-11-2016 08:15 AM

Joan... such a beautiful quilt. I don't know how you would put a price on it!

marietta 12-11-2016 08:30 AM

Joanelizbay , Beautiful quilt and I am not an orange or gold girl..or brown..or...lol...
But the quilt is lovely, and the blocks awesome.

travelinggramma 12-11-2016 08:50 AM

Billi - oh this fabric is so much fun - I can see couches, couch potato, kittys, cup of tea, bottle of wine, ....

All2 - love LEO - you will have to include some insight as to whom it is going to or used.

Marietta - Love dick and jane and have some matching. Also picked up a bundle of the other material at a yard sale this summer - (they gave be a whole bag of Quilt store quality FQ for $5!)

Joanne - wow - how large is that quilt?? I didn't get that material to play with but see many familiar ones. beautiful.

Applique - I love applique. I love PP. I have loved everyones hard work. What one is great at, may not what I do best!

travelinggramma 12-11-2016 08:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my fabrics and inspiration. My 11 yr old GD is getting a new larger bed. Her favorite color is rainbow. So when I had seen this quilt I thought if each of you took a color and made it into a block that read that color it would be awesome. What do you think?

Janice McC 12-11-2016 09:28 AM

Won't that be cheery and fun! Love the colors.

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 7716622)
Here are my fabrics and inspiration. My 11 yr old GD is getting a new larger bed. Her favorite color is rainbow. So when I had seen this quilt I thought if each of you took a color and made it into a block that read that color it would be awesome. What do you think?

Billi 12-11-2016 09:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7716493)
Oh Billi the hamsters were running so fast the wheel came off the track!!!!! How many repeats are in an F8????

This is a typical f8 with a 4.5 square sitting top right on a kitty.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563466[/ATTACH]

I have 18 of them. While cutting I got distracted by a shinny object so when I got to the end I only had about 9 inches left :( I left it at 40 wide so if all 20 slots are filled I'll ask if someone would be willing to work with a 9x40 piece instead of an F8. If no one is willing I'll keep it and some one will get a leftover f8 one from a past boom quilt that is still unfinished. sometimes my ability to screw up simple tasks amazes me.

Kassaundra 12-11-2016 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Billi (Post 7716637)
This is a typical f8 with a 4.5 square sitting top right on a kitty.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]563466[/ATTACH]

I have 18 of them. While cutting I got distracted by a shinny object so when I got to the end I only had about 9 inches left :( I left it at 40 wide so if all 20 slots are filled I'll ask if someone would be willing to work with a 9x40 piece instead of an F8. If no one is willing I'll keep it and some one will get a leftover f8 one from a past boom quilt that is still unfinished. sometimes my ability to screw up simple tasks amazes me.

Oh ME ME ME I will sacrifice and use the 9 x 40 more repeats!!!!!! I have formulated a madd plan!!!!

Kassaundra 12-11-2016 09:58 AM

Are there 2 rows of chairs in the 9 inch piece or is the cut in the center of the chair row?

Kassaundra 12-11-2016 10:01 AM

Joan love everything about that quilt, the colors, the layout, the blocks, even the orange quilting! I love a contrasting quilt thread, mostly b/c your quilting has to be good to do it and mine isn't anywhere near good enough. (my quilting is barely good enough for matching thread)

Kassaundra 12-11-2016 10:03 AM

TGma, you toyed w/ that idea on the last boom didn't you?? I really like the idea.