Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-18-sign-ups-now-open-t284275.html)

GramE 12-11-2016 03:00 PM

I like your fussy cutting! Those gold flecks.

travelinggramma 12-11-2016 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7716683)
TG, love the rainbow idea. Would we just add other fabrics in the same color?

Yes - anything - great way to get that ugly fabric out and take out the color you need!!

terriamn 12-11-2016 03:42 PM

Wow i'm Aol for a couple of days baking and I missed some great conversations.

Joan I love your finished quilt, TG great idea on the same colored blocks, I loved it when you mentioned it earlier. I have to go another family decision to be made right this second

GramE 12-11-2016 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7716895)
Wow i'm Aol for a couple of days baking and I missed some great conversations.

Joan I love your finished quilt, TG great idea on the same colored blocks, I loved it when you mentioned it earlier. I have to go another family decision to be made right this second

Praying for wisdom and mercy. You are carrying a heavy load, friend.

Billi 12-11-2016 03:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7716646)
Are there 2 rows of chairs in the 9 inch piece or is the cut in the center of the chair row?

Sorry Kass I didn't see this there are a total of 14 usable chairs on the that piece 5 on one side of the fold cutting through the top and bottom and 9 on the other side of the fold [ATTACH=CONFIG]563541[/ATTACH]

also cool block for you made.

Kassaundra 12-11-2016 03:56 PM

Billi that looks like I could make some magic happen.

Billi 12-11-2016 04:53 PM

I already have your name on the baggie :)

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7716916)
Billi that looks like I could make some magic happen.

sewbizgirl 12-11-2016 05:37 PM

My 3 month group baggies are all ready for distribution... with ugly fabric in each and every one! :o

joanelizbay 12-11-2016 06:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Went thru my stash and dont have enough on one design to do both groups. I decided to use this Carpenters Star like I did with the orange one..I only have 12 so am sending the other blue with little designs on it for the other 4. I wish I had enough but I dont and Connecting Threads doesnt have it anymore..Ill have to pick some other fabric for my 2nd group. Probably ask for WOW again..I LOVE what each of you did with it in the Orange Boom 16 quilt! The blue is much brighter than in the picture.

sewbizgirl 12-11-2016 09:43 PM

Beautiful carpenter's star, Joan. Before you give up, try looking for your fabric on Etsy. You can often find discontinued fabrics still selling there.

Also, I've seen older Connecting Threads fabrics at Marshall's Dry Goods, in the flat folds... Not that particular one, but you never know.

You can also post a photo of it in the "In Search Of" part of the board. Lots of people buy from Connecting Threads and may have it in their stash.