Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-18-sign-ups-now-open-t284275.html)

Lstew2212 12-06-2016 08:27 PM

I would like to join the two month group please. Information sent

marietta 12-07-2016 01:22 AM

Hi all. I would like to join, I've not participated in a Boom before, but I have followed (ok fine lurked) the last two Booms. You ladies are awesome, and altho I'm sure I can't come up with anything that comes close to ya'ls blocks, I've dwelled over joining for the last several months and finally kicked myself in the rear and told myself I am signing up. I'm not great like ya'l, but adequate and hopefully good at times.
And now that you all have surmised I ramble on and on and are privately pm Janice with ...."Tell her No we are Full!!"
I would like to join for the 3 month group :-)
I receive any and all (kind and gentle please :-) ) words of instruction, advice, do this, try this, those two don't really go together, you might try it like this....One of reasons I am here is to learn after all.
First question of probably a gazillion (sorry) Does the fabric I send all need to be the same?

Billi 12-07-2016 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by marietta (Post 7713844)
Hi all. I would like to join, I've not participated in a Boom before, but I have followed (ok fine lurked) the last two Booms. You ladies are awesome, and altho I'm sure I can't come up with anything that comes close to ya'ls blocks, I've dwelled over joining for the last several months and finally kicked myself in the rear and told myself I am signing up. I'm not great like ya'l, but adequate and hopefully good at times.
And now that you all have surmised I ramble on and on and are privately pm Janice with ...."Tell her No we are Full!!"
I receive any and all (kind and gentle please :-) ) words of instruction, advice, do this, try this, those two don't really go together, you might try it like this....One of reasons I am here is to learn after all.
First question of probably a gazillion (sorry) Does the fabric I send all need to be the same?

Hello Marieta nice to meet you :)

If you ramble you are in good company a few of us are guilty of that. To answer your question no you can send one or as many different fabrics as you like. This last boom there were a few ladies that sent 2 or 3 different fabrics and at least one sent all different fabrics. if you go to http://boomerangswaps.weebly.com/ you can browse through a couple past groups and get an idea of how many different fabrics get sent. and see some finished quilts too.

Welcome :)

jaba 12-07-2016 05:30 AM

Welcome Marietta, glad you decided to join us. I've already bought some fabric for all of you to sew into those fabulous works of art that you do. Sending my info for both groups

sewbizgirl 12-07-2016 06:13 AM

Welcome, Marietta! This will only be my second Boom and yes, these ladies are great fun and really skilled at making wonderful blocks. You are going to have a great time.

mjpEncinitas 12-07-2016 07:11 AM

I'm in for the 3 month group. Too chicken to do a 2 month group :) I'm don't usually prewash so I'm going to start prewashing my entire stash now. Probably a good thing to do. Looking forward to my first boom!

Kassaundra 12-07-2016 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by marietta (Post 7713844)

Hello Marietta nice to meet you. Having talkative people in the swap makes it more fun. As far as skill level, a 12.5 inch square block w/ good seaming and you've got it. Some of us really enjoy the design element but none of us are upset at getting a well constructed simpler block. I think all of us would say the boom swaps have made us better at piecing and design. When your working w/ fabrics you wouldn't chose and color choices that are out of your box (those of you that have boxes lol lol lol) it stretches and strengthens your creativity. When you are constructing a block for someone else you are hyper sensitive to make it right instead of letting it go like you (or I ) tend to do for yourself. Anyway breathe and have fun. (oh and share pictures )

Kassaundra 12-07-2016 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 7713987)
I'm in for the 3 month group. Too chicken to do a 2 month group :) I'm don't usually prewash so I'm going to start prewashing my entire stash now. Probably a good thing to do. Looking forward to my first boom!

Welcome mjp, I only prewash for the boom too, but I'm not energetic enough to do my whole stash! lol

Billi 12-07-2016 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 7713987)

hello welcome

I am a serial non prewasher I just wash after picking fabrics to go with your blocks so I have both in my stash but it works for me.

Also can I assume you are in Encinitas CA? Just north of me?

Kassaundra 12-07-2016 07:39 AM

I have a yellow / white fabric and am thinking Summer Citrus to brighten our cold long winter.