Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 18 Sign-ups are now Open! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-18-sign-ups-now-open-t284275.html)

terriamn 01-03-2017 07:14 AM

I have 2 blocks to go in a 2016 BOM and it is turning into one of my favorite quilts. Have been worrying about the quilting. Seeing everyone's success of everyone on Sewbiz's narrow sashing have decided this will be my Guinea pig quilt

Libster 01-03-2017 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7732281)
I have 2 blocks to go in a 2016 BOM and it is turning into one of my favorite quilts. Have been worrying about the quilting. Seeing everyone's success of everyone on Sewbiz's narrow sashing have decided this will be my Guinea pig quilt

You will LOVE it! I'm doing my second one that way now. I'm using flannel for the backing, so this time I remembered to cut my back sashing from the prewashed flannel too. I think I like it even better this way. The back will look like one piece when I'm finished. My grandson asked for this one. I think he will be really pleased with it. I'm proud of me because I'm finally using up my Boom blocks and really enjoying doing them this way! That tute was a lifesaver for me.

Billi 01-03-2017 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew (Post 7731866)
Thanks for the info Janice! I bought the space fabric from JoAnn's. Hopefully those that have done the fabric before won't mind making more blocks. I don't mind if you even make the same one's you did last time. I loved them all.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]564835[/ATTACH]

Yay I get to try and perfect my comet :) I so enjoy working with the space fabric,

Originally Posted by All2Pieces (Post 7732059)
Here's what I did all New Year's Eve. Thanks, everyone, for sending such wonderful blocks. You may notice names embroidered on them. I did the names freehand, to help me remember who made what. The backing is the same light blue as the sashing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]564848[/ATTACH]

This came out so awesome I love it. You ladies are going to convince me to try it. it's something I have been avoiding. I don't want to mess it up. hahahaha

bootsy 01-03-2017 08:06 AM

Hi Everyone Looking forward to working with all of you. This is my first time here and I know I am going to love it once I get the drift of how it works. My stepdaughter, LJDugas 31, has been doing this for a while so with her help
and Janice and now all of you how can I not love it?

mollymunchkin 01-03-2017 08:18 AM

Welcome aboard Bootsy. These Boomers are the best. If you have a question about anything, not just quilting, they will have a answer. And , oh, the things that you will learn. Do you know what a naked chicken is? I am a country girl and had no idea there was such a thing until I learned about them on this board. Be prepared to exercise your sense of humor.

Okay, anybody here planning to go to Road to California on the 21st?

sewbizgirl 01-03-2017 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7732290)
You will LOVE it! I'm doing my second one that way now. I'm using flannel for the backing, so this time I remembered to cut my back sashing from the prewashed flannel too. I think I like it even better this way. The back will look like one piece when I'm finished. My grandson asked for this one. I think he will be really pleased with it. I'm proud of me because I'm finally using up my Boom blocks and really enjoying doing them this way! That tute was a lifesaver for me.

Wow... I'm so happy to read this, Libster. I think I'm going to do all my Booms QAYG. It's so much fun to be able to quilt them individually, as each special block deserves.

We are chatty today! I think we are all excited to get started. If we get our fabrics ready for when Janice says, 'Ok, MAIL THEM', maybe we can get them all in and get an early start. :o That wouldn't be a bad thing!

Welcome to our newbies! You are about to have a blast.

QuilterMomma 01-03-2017 09:48 AM

If it helps so those in the two month group don't have to make three, I can make a couple more since I opted not to double.

Janice McC 01-03-2017 11:31 AM

Nobody is doing three for a single individual.

No more changes!!! Seriously. I'm totally wiped out from these last 24 hours of emails and posts and the rest of my life. SO...I've got everybody's info and I'm prepping the emails and the group posts. I should have them to you all no later than early this evening at which point I'm going to collapse. Once you get the email and you REPLY, you can go ahead and start shipping your F8s to me. You will find my contact info in the email. Remember: individual packages; color requests if you have any in EVERY baggie; your name on EVERY baggie so it's EASILY VISIBLE to me; all baggies inside a larger gallon size baggie with your name and address on it; yada, yada, yada. You all probably know the drill by now.In the event I receive extra F8s as does occasionally happen, I'll return the extras.

Once I've established the new group threads for our 2 month group March and our 3 month group April, inspired names, huh? please start posting to your respective threads. OF COURSE, you may cross post as much as you like as you are all in this together but the "business" for each group will be/should be kept with that group's thread.

OK, I'm stalling. I need to get this done so you all can get started. I'm out..... :)

marietta 01-03-2017 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7732471)
Once I've established the new group threads for our 2 month group March and our 3 month group April, inspired names, huh?

:D Janice
maybe the Duplicates and the Solitars (wait is that even a word?lol)

Janice McC 01-03-2017 12:33 PM

Step one...dedicated threads...here you go:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...a-t284946.html

http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...a-t284947.html

Please begin to post to your dedicated thread. If you can repost your fabric pictures there, it will ease my job quite a bit. We'll begin to abandon this sign-up thread now.

Emails next once I double check all email addresses I've received.

Thank you tremendously for your patience. We're on schedule as long as I get your emails out today. Hip hip hoorah!