Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-20-hummingbird-2-month-group-t293771.html)

terriamn 03-19-2018 12:24 PM

Quiltermomma I don’t think I will ever be done with UFO’s

Janice McC 03-19-2018 03:00 PM

Word! I'm right there with you. :/

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8024757)
Quiltermomma I don’t think I will ever be done with UFO’s

givio 03-19-2018 06:37 PM

...I can't imagine a life where all my quilt projects are finished. I can't imagine quilting not being one of my hobbies-- and as long as it is, then I'll be sewing one thing while planning another. :-) There are too many patterns and fabrics that draw my interest for me to ever be without a UFO.

Janice McC 03-20-2018 07:57 AM

I know! Right now I’m finishing up one swap (Sewbizgirl’s 9 patch swap) and am making plans for Boom 21 and I have at least a dozen projects I could pull out and work on today with no need to look beyond a drawer or two in my sewing room. Oh, and let’s not forget I just put the candy squares project (in my avatar) back up on the design wall last night. It wants to be a real quilt one day soon. Egads, never enough time!

Originally Posted by givio (Post 8024982)
...I can't imagine a life where all my quilt projects are finished. I can't imagine quilting not being one of my hobbies-- and as long as it is, then I'll be sewing one thing while planning another. :-) There are too many patterns and fabrics that draw my interest for me to ever be without a UFO.

QuilterMomma 03-20-2018 08:19 AM

I am getting to a point in my life that I do not want my kids to have to deal with my mess of projects that are half done. Plus this way, the hubby gives me grace to buy more fabric for a new project then.

Kassaundra 03-20-2018 11:07 AM

I don't have fabric picked out or anything for Boom 21, but do have an idea. I am thinking about a WOW and a BOB fabric send one to each half as a background w/ a request to use one color in the block, as many versions of that color as you would like and use my white or black as the background

terriamn 03-20-2018 11:21 AM

Sounds like a great challenge Kassandra.

We don’t have a quilt on our bed at home or in the camper because my dog is a real nester. She puts holes in ever bedspread we buy. But she is getting so old thought if I started one by the time it’s finished our sweet old baby most likely won’t be here. Have a full bolt of one print that is not my favorite but with everyone’s creativity I know I will love the blocks.

Billi 03-20-2018 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8025374)
I don't have fabric picked out or anything for Boom 21, but do have an idea. I am thinking about a WOW and a BOB fabric send one to each half as a background w/ a request to use one color in the block, as many versions of that color as you would like and use my white or black as the background

Oh Kass that sounds fun what a great idea!

ALSO your block is going in the mail tomorrow.

QuilterMomma 03-21-2018 12:23 PM

I said diligence, not with all my ufos. :D I have over 40 left of UFO, they are not going to get done by next boom, but will be getting several done for sure. I just want the tops I have sitting there quilted by 14th of April, turn in deadline for the competition.

sewbizgirl 03-21-2018 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 8026050)
I said diligence, not with all my ufos. :D I have over 40 left of UFO, they are not going to get done by next boom, but will be getting several done for sure. I just want the tops I have sitting there quilted by 14th of April, turn in deadline for the competition.

It's good to have goals! :D