Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Dunes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-dunes-t297370.html)

Cheesehead 07-08-2018 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by Stafar (Post 8090027)
CHecking in-I had the boom hit me and ended up in the hospital getting exploratory surgery and my gall bladder out. I tried to post from my phone but I don't think it went through. I figure I'll be back to sewing next weekend~ Loving all the blocks I see!!

Stafar, so sorry to hear you had to have surgery. Glad you are on the mend and thinking about sewing again:thumbup:.

PamelaOry 07-08-2018 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8089950)
PamelaOry, what are the requests that came with the fabric? I don’t keep track of this because it may vary f8 to f8. You may also pm Mona G directly.

it says no red, but then I saw ones with red and the way it says it, I wanted to check in and make sure it wasn’t a typo before I moved forward.

Originally Posted by Mona G (Post 8089958)
If you received a splash of color request then no red is requested.

got it!

CHecking in-I had the boom hit me and ended up in the hospital getting exploratory surgery and my gall bladder out. I tried to post from my phone but I don't think it went through. I figure I'll be back to sewing next weekend~ Loving all the blocks I see!!

oh no Stafar! I guess the bubble suit can’t protect against that. Exploratory surgery....that must of been scary!

D.Henson 07-08-2018 09:02 AM

Stafar, take it easy and let the surgery site heal. Follow drs orders!! Rest and the Boom f8s will be waiting when you're ready. We still have plenty of time. Prayers for quick recovery. <3

Pamela, sometimes requests are different for each f8, even if sent by the same person. Perhaps to give the overall quilt some variety. It's always good to check if unsure. :)

sewbizgirl 07-08-2018 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8090018)
Sewbiz what a wonderful area to live, we live smack dab in the city. Love my home but enjoy being out of the city when ever we can.

I know you go to the lake and camp a lot... that's good. Where we live is already like a park or campground, only not trampled by tons of strangers, LOL. Whenever I think of going camping, my next thought is... why? Here we can sleep in our comfy beds. There are all kinds of animals out there. When the kids are visiting, we have big bonfires and cook hotdogs and marshmallows... just like camping. In fact, we pile the dead wood we pick up into a burn pile for those bonfires. You can see one near one of the deer! In the Fall we invite friends over for a bonfire/cookout.

So sorry, Stafar! Hope you mend well. No worries on the blocks... still lots of time.

Pamela and D.Henson, often the old time Boomers will send out different F8's to finish several of their older Boom quilts. The blocks are going into different quilts... They may need one more, or two or three or six more to complete a previous Boom quilt. So it's important to follow the instructions you get, regardless of what you see others posting for them. Hope that makes sense.

Mona G 07-08-2018 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by D.Henson (Post 8090103)
Stafar, take it easy and let the surgery site heal. Follow drs orders!! Rest and the Boom f8s will be waiting when you're ready. We still have plenty of time. Prayers for quick recovery. <3

Pamela, sometimes requests are different for each f8, even if sent by the same person. Perhaps to give the overall quilt some variety. It's always good to check if unsure. :)

Yep
, I'm finishing 4 different quilts with this boom.

GramE 07-08-2018 10:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Oh, wow. Gall bladder’s are our friends until they stop working! Glad they figured it out quickly. Watch out though, I gained 20# after my gall bladder surgery 30 years ago. The surgeon said not uncommon because you don’t realize how it was affecting your diet and eating. And then there’s no pain, the green light to eat comes on!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597436[/ATTACH]

This is for Quiltermomma. I’d love to see your guest room!

PamelaOry 07-08-2018 10:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well....I guess the good news is I can tell what’s wrong with my block now and at the beginning of this boom I probably wouldn’t have noticed it. I tried to rip it out and fix the points and just made it worse.

i have mixed feelings about this block MonaG. I’d like to make you another one if I have time so you will have a choice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597437[/ATTACH]

PamelaOry 07-08-2018 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 8090171)
Oh, wow. Gall bladder’s are our friends until they stop working! Glad they figured it out quickly. Watch out though, I gained 20# after my gall bladder surgery 30 years ago. The surgeon said not uncommon because you don’t realize how it was affecting your diet and eating. And then there’s no pain, the green light to eat comes on!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597436[/ATTACH]

This is for Quiltermomma. I’d love to see your guest room!

This is beautiful GramE!

Mona G 07-08-2018 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8090172)
Well....I guess the good news is I can tell what’s wrong with my block now and at the beginning of this boom I probably wouldn’t have noticed it. I tried to rip it out and fix the points and just made it worse.

i have mixed feelings about this block MonaG. I’d like to make you another one if I have time so you will have a choice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597437[/ATTACH]

I don't see anything wrong with it. No need to do another one.

Cheesehead 07-08-2018 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mona G (Post 8090190)
I don't see anything wrong with it. No need to do another one.

I agree, very pretty block Pamela!

Wow GramE, that star block is the bomb, great job!