Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Dunes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-dunes-t297370.html)

hav4boys 06-08-2018 08:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay... finally decided on my fabrics...

This is for my daughter-by-choice. She is so excited to have you all make her quilt squares. I will be sending all the fabric for the blocks as she is all about matching.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595737[/ATTACH]

Here is my other fabric... turtles will be for me and just want any green or blue in the fabric, no white or black. The Christmas fabric will be for a lap quilt. Asking for just this material and white... can be white-on-white or just plain white.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595738[/ATTACH]

travelinggramma 06-08-2018 09:03 AM

Stafar - you will fit right in with the bubble wrap suit! Love the idea.

sewbizgirl 06-08-2018 10:08 AM

Hi Stafar! :wave: Glad you are able to jump on board. We have the most fun making these blocks and I know you will love it!

What pretty fabrics, Hav4boys... I love sea turtles and the colors of your fabric. More Christmas, too! Yay!

So... bring on the weird swap!

terriamn 06-08-2018 10:51 AM

Welcome Stafar, this does seem to be a challenging time for some of us.

Had a bit of a scare myself but everything is going well now ( as of yesterday )

Have next appt. on lap band removal in 3 weeks, NP said sometimes it’s a 3 month wait. I am a happy camper

Then sister called and said to check my text messages. She had found a tombstone for my Mom and stepfather that she really liked. I agreed with her and it’s ordered. One more thing to cross off our list but it makes Mom’s passing more real

Janice McC 06-08-2018 11:07 AM

Oh, holy cow! Stafar, you're here already and being welcomed. Woo hoo. Just to explain to everyone, right before we all heard about LJD's accident, Stafar had contacted me about joining. As I thought our groups were set and we'd technically begun, I turned her away. Well... the next day I rescinded that and yada, yada, yada, here she is. Stafar, thank you for filling the vacancy. We look forward to having you join our group. As you can see, we're pretty tight, especially when the chips are occasionally down. But we love our newbies as we love our repeat Boomers.

Welcome, Stafar!

Originally Posted by Stafar (Post 8072744)
Hey there everyone-I'm the new swapper!! I feel really bad about all the injuries that have occurred in the group this month-maybe we should all make bubble wrap suits to wear. I have been participating in the charm swaps and have been loving those. I've been quilting regularly for the last 5-6 years but before that on and off for years. My best friend is a master quilter and I've worked in her shop the last 4 years so have gotten lots of pointers and practice and hope to make you all happy with the blocks you receive from me!!

Janice McC 06-08-2018 11:11 AM

LOL, you aren't the only one, GramE. I've mixed them up a couple of times already. And don't forget, everyone is welcome to post on the other thread, even if you aren't in it if you want to give encouragement or praise or whatever. Just remember to post each group's photos or business in the appropriate group. This may be a bit more confusing at first but we'll deal with it.

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 8072765)
Ha, I had to look. I forgot if I was a dune or a wave!

Janice McC 06-08-2018 11:27 AM

Boom Biz - Communication

There's one important thing I feel the need to reiterate. Communication is essential in this swap. When everyone joined the swap, you agreed to keep in touch on a weekly basis. You may post every day, 3 times a day or once every few days, but please, not less than once a week. (If you will be out of touch for some reason, vacation or the like, try to let me know in advance please.) A lot of info passes through these threads, info you may need. I don't want to clog up everyone's email or PM boxes with this tidbit or that tidbit. Please come here on a regular basis and read the things you've missed since the last visit. Subscribing to the thread would be helpful if you haven't yet done so. There are a couple of options about how to see the posts so check it out under "thread tools" above the first post at the top of each page. It's on the right hand side as I see it. It may be different with other browsers.

Anyway, what I don't want to do ever again is to have to track anyone down. It gets old fast. When I'm emailing and PM'ing and posting for two weeks and getting no response from the person whose attention I'm trying to attract, well, it's not good. I get cranky. So, please try to respond to me or to your fellow Boomers so nobody has a reason to be cranky. Booms need to be fun for everyone. Even the meanie who insists you keep in touch. Thank you!

Lastly, tomorrow I will post the new "line up". With several last minute changes, what you have is now out of date. I'll also start posting the F8s as they come in. Speaking of that, the carrier just arrived and it looks like at least one more package is here. Oh, goodie! Fabric to play with. :) :) :)

Kassaundra 06-08-2018 11:38 AM

Do you have the info about that turtle fabric? It would make an amazing stacked octo or hexie quilt.

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 8072790)
Okay... finally decided on my fabrics...

This is for my daughter-by-choice. She is so excited to have you all make her quilt squares. I will be sending all the fabric for the blocks as she is all about matching.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595737[/ATTACH]

Here is my other fabric... turtles will be for me and just want any green or blue in the fabric, no white or black. The Christmas fabric will be for a lap quilt. Asking for just this material and white... can be white-on-white or just plain white.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595738[/ATTACH]

hav4boys 06-08-2018 11:50 AM

Kassaundra, what do you mean the info? It is a Windham Fabric called Aquatic by Whistler Studios Pattern 41490. I have had two different secret pals send me a yard each. So I decided it needed to be a quilt for me.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8072878)
Do you have the info about that turtle fabric? It would make an amazing stacked octo or hexie quilt.

Kassaundra 06-08-2018 11:54 AM

That is what I meant the name and maker. I may need to find it to make a stacked octo quilt! lol

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 8072886)
Kassaundra, what do you mean the info? It is a Windham Fabric called Aquatic by Whistler Studios Pattern 41490. I have had two different secret pals send me a yard each. So I decided it needed to be a quilt for me.