Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Dunes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-dunes-t297370.html)

GramE 06-25-2018 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 8081797)
This is the corrected block for Hav4boys, Janice can you remove the original block in the gallery and replace it with this one?[ATTACH=CONFIG]596421[/ATTACH]

I can’t even begin to tell you how much trouble that one little square causes me. Upside down, sideways. Those triangles in a square are my nemesis! Looks great! But I agree with SewBiz, it looks great both ways.

Cheesehead 06-25-2018 07:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This block is for PamelaOry[ATTACH=CONFIG]596434[/ATTACH]

Cheesehead 06-25-2018 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8081811)
Oh Cheese, it was a 54-40 or Fight! I liked it the other way too. Both ways were pretty. Very striking block!

I was so busy thinking about getting supper on the table and ended up rushing to get the block done.

D.Henson 06-25-2018 07:13 AM

Cheesehead - Both of your blocks are great. I also enjoyed the first version of the blk and red. Love the squirrel block. It's super cute. :)

joanelizbay 06-25-2018 07:58 AM

I didn't get the squirrel in my F8 for Pam but I did get a little frog...that is cute fabric!! Ive seen that 54-40 or fight block made another way also so not sure there is a right or wrong. My pattern has all four black blocks touching a red point in the middle. I think I like this one better!!

terriamn 06-25-2018 08:05 AM

Thank you for my great block Sewbiz

Cheesehead I also liked both of your versions for H4B and your block for Pamela is super sweet

not sure when I will be able to sew on our blocks. My sister is driving down and meeting me at lake and I will drive to my house so she doesn’t have to drive in city traffic. Wednesday morning is funeral, then 2 hour long doc appts for me. Plan is to drive back here Thursday and she will stay till Friday then hubby will arrive. Would love to be able to kit up some of the kits and bring them to the lake with me. I am just itching to sew looking at everyone’s blocks

travelinggramma 06-25-2018 08:48 AM

Wow - a couple of days and there are three blocks made for me - and all with the red material
I love how you three - Cheesehead, MonaG, and Joaneliz all matched the blue and added great patriotic fabric this is already looking like a great quilt- thank you
DH said my F8's are awaiting, and he has received my wayward first package which will be saved until the next boom!

Janice McC 06-25-2018 09:19 AM

You betcha!

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 8081797)
This is the corrected block for Hav4boys, Janice can you remove the original block in the gallery and replace it with this one?[ATTACH=CONFIG]596421[/ATTACH]

PamelaOry 06-25-2018 09:19 AM

I’m back from my sewing retreat to find not only my squishy package but several blocks made for me as well, wow!

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 8080785)
Got to work on three blocks today. PamelaOry, DHenson and JayneW. Hope to get to some more today or tomorrow. Great job so far boomers!

joanelizbay, I love it!

Originally Posted by Mona G (Post 8081245)
one more from yesterday that didn't get posted last night.

PamelaOry, hope you like it.

‘Thanks Mona, I love it! I have no idea why the picture isn’t showing up in my reply?

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8081605)
Some great blocks ladies. Sewbiz that sea creature block is one I haven't seen before really great for showing off fussy cutting. Libster great rose star center w/ the yellow star surround. Stafar cute pieced pumkin.

I am almost finished w/ Pamela's block, I am so thrilled w/ how it has turned out. It only needs to have the center top stitched down not sure if I will get to that tonight, I am posting the pic anyway w/ the center pinned in place the finished block won't look any different. I'm not ashamed to admit I lost a few brain cells to vapor lock on this one, trying to figure out a way to make it the way I wanted it w/ the amounts and direction of the print constraints. I ended up making the outer stripe fabric w/ solids there was just no way to get all the stripes I needed. Then the inner stripes were 1/2 inch to narrow .......................................... 1/2 inch!!!!!!! I ended up piecing them but unless you look at the back I don't think it is visible at all. I am almost ashamed to admit of the generous amounts of fabric Pamela sent I have almost no usable pieces left, but I love the end result worth using all the fabric for one block.

Pamela I assume since you sent stripes, dots and fussy prints of all kinds busy doesn't bother you, hope you like this as much as I do.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596407[/ATTACH]

i love it Kass, such an amazing block. The way you incorporated the stripes and the dots....brilliant!

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 8081899)
This block is for PamelaOry[ATTACH=CONFIG]596434[/ATTACH]

thank you Cheesehead, I love it! I’m getting so excited for this quilt with all these amazing blocks!

i feel a little bad that what I’m going to be able to make in return is no where near as nice as what you’all Have done, but I will do my best. You guys are fast too! I have yet to open my package, lol!

PamelaOry 06-25-2018 09:22 AM

Every time I look at this block I see something different, I just noticed how precisely you lined up the stripes at right angles with each other! Wow!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8081605)
Some great blocks ladies. Sewbiz that sea creature block is one I haven't seen before really great for showing off fussy cutting. Libster great rose star center w/ the yellow star surround. Stafar cute pieced pumkin.

I am almost finished w/ Pamela's block, I am so thrilled w/ how it has turned out. It only needs to have the center top stitched down not sure if I will get to that tonight, I am posting the pic anyway w/ the center pinned in place the finished block won't look any different. I'm not ashamed to admit I lost a few brain cells to vapor lock on this one, trying to figure out a way to make it the way I wanted it w/ the amounts and direction of the print constraints. I ended up making the outer stripe fabric w/ solids there was just no way to get all the stripes I needed. Then the inner stripes were 1/2 inch to narrow .......................................... 1/2 inch!!!!!!! I ended up piecing them but unless you look at the back I don't think it is visible at all. I am almost ashamed to admit of the generous amounts of fabric Pamela sent I have almost no usable pieces left, but I love the end result worth using all the fabric for one block.

Pamela I assume since you sent stripes, dots and fussy prints of all kinds busy doesn't bother you, hope you like this as much as I do.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596407[/ATTACH]