Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Dunes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-dunes-t297370.html)

Cheesehead 06-26-2018 12:51 PM

WOW Kass, that's so cool, how do you ever come up with all of your idea's?! Oh to have one tiny peak into that brain of yours to see the wheels turning, lol!

Darcyshannon 06-26-2018 02:30 PM

Those look like fireworks, Kass.:thumbup:

GramE 06-26-2018 02:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596531[/ATTACH]

This is for Darcy. There is purple in there but it doesn’t show up good in the pic.

JayneW 06-26-2018 03:19 PM

Hello Dunebugs!

My trip to Galapagos was truly amazing. Incredible landscapes and more wildlife than I could have ever imagined - up close and not afraid at all. Penguins, sea lions, fur seals, sharks (it wasn't as scary as I thought), blue-footed boobeys, iquanas and so much more. We took one or two nature walk/hikes a day and snorkeled one or two times a day... and somehow I still managed to gain weight from all the delicious food on our ship!

All the blocks are amazing! My squishys are all here and accounted for and I look forward to starting.

D.Henson 06-26-2018 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8082557)
D.Henson, I don't know what block you were making, but sometimes there are internal seams you can adjust. The Around the Block books have both 12" and 12.5" blocks (finished) and sometimes I just adjust those inner pieces to make the bigger blocks come out at 12" too... if I really want to make one that is a 12.5" block.

It is from the Around the Block book, it's the Double Sawtooth on pg 54. I was thinking of making the inner square a smaller but not sure what will happen to the HST. I was thinking I could also adjust those 3" squares on the corners to help make everything fit. What do you think? Will that work? ;)

D.Henson 06-26-2018 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon (Post 8082761)
Those look like fireworks, Kass.:thumbup:

I agree with Darcyshannon! Pop!! Very nice work Kass!

Beautiful block GramE. Very cool Halloween block.

Jayne, your trip sounds amazing!! I'll bet your pictures are beautiful.

sewbizgirl 06-26-2018 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by D.Henson (Post 8082811)
It is from the Around the Block book, it's the Double Sawtooth on pg 54. I was thinking of making the inner square a smaller but not sure what will happen to the HST. I was thinking I could also adjust those 3" squares on the corners to help make everything fit. What do you think? Will that work? ;)

That's a very hard one to adjust! I was thinking the same as you... let the corners be smaller when you cut down the center. But actually you would have to figure out a new size for your hsts, too. You would have to cut the center block 7.5" instead of 8"... and your hsts and corner squares would all have to be, I think, 2 3/4". Would have to experiment to check that out. If you don't get the measurements just right you'll be losing pretty points on those sawteeth.

sewbizgirl 06-26-2018 05:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Nice work with the little kaliedoscopes so far, Kass. Looking forward to the finished block.

Likewise, GramE... amazing block for Darcyshannon!

Jayne, you have the greatest adventures! And I don't think a few pounds is going to hurt you.... :p

Well, here are my Dune blocks for today. I didn't have to leave home today so I got lots of sewing time in.

A Smoky Mountain Block for Bibliostone:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596542[/ATTACH]

This pinwheel block is actually called "Shopping Spree"... for TravelingGramma:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596543[/ATTACH]

"Auntie's Favorite" for Kassaundra:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596544[/ATTACH]

"Twinkle, Twinkle" for Hav4boys:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596545[/ATTACH]

Hope you like your blocks, ladies :o.

Kassaundra 06-26-2018 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
GramE, amazing stripe block, really that is spectacular, is it hand pieced?

Sewbiz your blocks are great, but mine is over the top great, can't say how much I love that print and the fussy cutting.

Cheese, it's done, whew. When I was designing it I thought, it's just some hst how hard can it be, but let me tell you set those suckers on point and offset the seams, it took some help from Jack and a little wine to make that math work!!!!!! Hope you like it, I am pleased w/ the end results. I was planning on making this block for one or two others, but we'll see how that goes! lol

Look guys I found the box (but still not in it!!!!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596548[/ATTACH]

terriamn 06-26-2018 06:48 PM

Kass your block is amazing. One of your best out of the box but in the box ever.

sewbiz all your blocks turned out beautiful. Especially like kass’s.

Jayne hope you will share some of your pictures with us. Galapagos is on my bucket list.

oh GramE your block turned out wonderful, love the octagons and diamonds.